Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Material Expeditor, Parts Services
| Honda North America|
United States, North Carolina, Greensboro
|November 20, 2023|
Honda Aircraft Company
The Material Expediter, Parts Services is responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery of materials required to support the HondaJet world-wide customer base and HondaJet service network. The primary function of the Expediter role is to liaise with Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Customer Service teams for customer material delivery commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as the primary contact between CS teams and Supply Chain in relation to material status, shortages and movement.
2. Supports daily review of aircraft in-field status meetings and represents the Parts Services organization by providing latest order status.
3. Verify if overdue shipments or shortage material have arrived. Communicates with appropriate personnel (Warehouse, Quality, etc.) of priority incoming materials to ensure timely processing and shipping to final destination.
4. Escalates unresolved supply disconnects or shortages to assigned Supply Chain personnel for additional support. Assist personnel in the timely actions regarding recovery plan, rejected materials, core returns, return to vendor, etc.
5. Tracks and presents department metrics to leadership team. Performs adhoc research regarding material order status and core return transactions.
6. Provides 24/7 operational parts support (duty rotation to occur outside standard business hours).
7. Assists other CS staff with identified projects and programs as required
8. All other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Associates degree or 2+ years of related Customer Service experience in a fast-paced environment is required.
2. Experience in the Aviation / Aerospace parts field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent Customer Service skills including listening, oral and written communication, attention to detail, and responsiveness to customer needs.
2. Strong ability to balance conflicting priorities, multitask projects/duties, continuously reassess and reprioritize based upon customer/business needs.
3. Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with suppliers and all levels of company personnel.
4. Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team oriented environment.
5. Previous experience and/or proficiency in using ERP systems; SAP preferred.
6. Parts catalog / blueprint review skill set is desired.
7. Strong analytical and effective decision making skills.
8. Must have ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed.
9. Experience with Microsoft Office required.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 40 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 40lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: ) 01/07/13