Back to search results
PT Meat Associate - 6283
| The GIANT Company|
United States, Virginia, Winchester
|September 19, 2023|
Address: USA-VA-Winchester-400 Gateway Drive
Store Code: GC - Store Mgrs (2600607)
At The GIANT Company we're committed to making our store?s and facilities better every day for our team members, customers, and communities. It's our secret recipe for success and it guides everything we do. We put our customers first, do what's right, win together, and make ideas happen. As a team member here, that's exactly what you'll help us do. You'll share your ideas, learn new skills?, and really make a difference for not only your team, but for your customers and your community.
At The GIANT Company, we are passionate about building strong families and healthy communities, serving millions of neighbors across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and New Jersey. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work and shop. Our shared values of care, courage, integrity, teamwork, and humor guide our work as we embrace the unique talents and differences of every team member. We also take pride in connecting families for a better future. If you're ready for a purposeful career, join our GIANT family. You'll help us make a difference while making some great connections and friendships along the way.
The primary purpose of this job is to help customers and assist in product receiving, inventory and storage, price, stock, and rotate product, and maintain safety and sanitation standards in all meat product areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Receive deliveries, breakdown loads, and rotate cooler.
* Weigh, price, and label.
* Stock cases and selecting product.
* Prepare valued-added products.
* Provide exemplary customer service.
* Product knowledge and suggestive selling.
* Responsible for sanitation and food safety standards.
* Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
* Process cuts for service counter or special orders.
* Set service case.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be able to read, communicate, and understand company policies and safety regulations in order to complete job duties in a satisfactory manner.
* Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
* Must be able to work in a cold environment.
*Shift hours: minimum 4-hour shifts or more depending upon business needs
*Job cycles: continual max
*Lift/carry: 50 lbs.
*Stand 55%, sit 0%, walk 45%
*Category IV: Lifting, carrying, P/P up to 50 lbs.
*Max pull static: 20 lbs.
The GIANT Company is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 328463_external_USA-VA-Winchester_8252023