Dealer Relationship Manager
| Honda North America|
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k)|
United States, Ohio, Marysville
|September 19, 2023|
Honda Federal Credit Union
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company that serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Dealer Relationship Manager oversees the indirect loan revenue production for Honda Federal Credit Union (HFCU). They are directly responsible for the overall performance of the indirect auto loan portfolio ranging from new product development, establishing dealer engagement targets, indirect loan profitability, and indirect portfolio quality. This position serves as a liaison between HFCU and HFCU's dealership partners by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial indirect lending relationships to improve stakeholder profitability, while adhering to appropriate policies, procedures, federal, and state regulations.
* Oversee product/system quality control - Monitor system performance to ensure end user experience is optimal.
* Building loyal relationships with dealers, develop and implement plans to improve dealership profitability, member retention, and a promote a positive member and dealer experience. Ensure that the HFCU relationship adds value to the dealership while supporting HFCU goals and objectives.
* Promote HFCU auto loans, program compliance, and the implementation of HFCU programs, policies, and procedures.
* Serve as a liaison to HFCU management in order to identify and provide additional resources and maximize dealer support.
* Innovate new programs, project recommendations, and strategies to meet the needs of the changing dealership environment and HFCU membership. Document recommendations in the annual business plan.
* Adhere to appropriate compliance policies and procedures.
* Ongoing education and training.
Who we are seeking:
We are looking for qualified people and diverse background and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic, to bring the future to Honda.
Required Work Experience:
* Minimum of 5-7 years experience in consumer finance, indirect financing or indirect sales.
* Working knowledge of state and federal lending regulations.
* Prior supervisory experience desired.
* Familiarity with loan accounting, application, and funding systems.
* B.A. degree in marketing, business, finance, or economics preferred.
* High school degree or GED required.
* Strong presentation and communication skills.
What differentiates Honda and makes us an employer of choice?
* Competitive base salary
* Annual Bonus
* Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.