Sr. Project Lead
| Honda North America|
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k)|
United States, California, Torrance
1919 Torrance Boulevard (Show on map)
|September 19, 2023|
American Honda Motor Co
Job Title: Senior Project Lead
Location: Torrance, CA
What Makes a Honda, is Who Makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company that serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Mobile and Web Product Development Department is responsible for supporting the Telematics functions for Honda and Acura vehicles and managing and delivering multiple large-scale programs/projects, implementing telematics mobile and web client apps (IoT), backend platform applications, and associated back-office systems, as well as managing the operations of telematics applications that deployed on Honda retail products.
The Mobile and Web Product Development Department under the Digital Services Development division (DSD) of American Honda Motors seeking a highly motivated, experienced Project Manager who will lead the product team in alignment with the department, divisional, and business unit objectives. The Project Manager will provide governance and oversight of end-to-end delivery, resource management, administrative direction, and leadership guidance and support for members of his/her team. The Project Manager will be working closely with multiple areas of the Global Honda - R&D in Japan and North America, American Honda, and Canadian Honda business units (Product Planning, Sales, Service, etc.), in addition to managing vendor suppliers.
Reporting to the Mobile and Web Product Development Team Lead, this role will be responsible for working with all levels of business and technical (IT) management and teams to guide the delivery of both strategic and tactical projects, overseeing multiple initiatives across the enterprise. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices as they relate to the services and applications supported by the Mobile and Web Product Development Teams.
The candidate must exhibit drive, and thought leadership and have very strong problem-solving and organizational capabilities to lead the delivery of complex technology solutions, including understanding business and technical aspects of the system and navigating a highly complex multi-organization ecosystem. In addition to co-leading and guiding the Project, this individual will also be involved in developing and delivering proposals, dashboards, and presentations to all levels of business and technical management.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
* Strong customer mindset
* 5-8 years of IT business or product development work experience
* 5-8 years of supervisory experience
* 3-5 years managing professionals who lead teams, groups, and vendors.
* 5-8 years of project management experience
* 5-8 years of technical management experience
* 3-5 years experience working with business groups and enterprise organizations such as Legal, Procurement, Enterprise Architecture, etc.
* 2-3 years procuring and managing outsourced and offsite partners.
* 1+ year budget or financial management experience
* Ability to plan, set, and govern strategic and tactical direction to support the organization's goals and objectives.
* Professional writing skills
* Experience in management-level presentations
* Experience delivering high-transaction, consumer-facing applications.
* Experience with developing and managing a budget (at least 5M)
* Experience leading and/or providing application development and portfolio support.
* Good understanding of human resource management practices, and procedures
* Strong understanding of project management principles
* Candidate speaks/understands intermediate Japanese a plus!
Bachelor's degree in IS and/or equivalent work experience.
* Technical understanding of mobile, web, services-based solutions
* Experience with automotive, telematics/connected vehicle/IoT/consumer electronics projects or other advanced technology projects desirable.
* Experience with client-server, SaaS, and PaaS preferred.
* Experience with SalesForce Platform Implementations is highly desirable
What differentiates Honda and makes us an employer of choice?
* Competitive base salary, $79,700 -$119,600
* Annual Bonus
* Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks on-site
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.