Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Quality Control Group Lead
| Honda North America|
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance|
United States, Ohio, Russells Point
|December 08, 2023|
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Quality Control Group Lead
Location: Russells Point, OH
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Technical Quality Coordination Leader in the Transmission Quality Group will lead quality activity for TQ department. Quality improvement and customer quality products must have prompt action using a methodical approach to resolve with speed. Leading a quality team requires evaluating, communicating, negotiating, and encouraging action across their transmission and sub-assembly line to achieve success. Parallel activity, summarization, and management interaction across all lines of any work performed is a requirement.
* Manage, set direction, and assist the line's technical staff, quality production staff and quality torque check route team for quality reactive and proactive activity
* Lead and coordinate proactive business planning and action, basic quality improvement themes, capacity, line characteristic, shutdown stability, new model, process change approval, & Global Automated Line Control (GALC)
* Reactive customer plant defects, Transmission pulls at the customer plants, daily direct pass thru-put investigation and countermeasure activity are primary areas of support and responsibilities of their team to complete based on the timing guidelines
* Oversee the management and tracking of the database/ spreadsheets used by team to guarantee accurate data compiled for the weekly/ monthly progress reports
* Roll up and present quality activities at monthly, quarterly, and year-end progress report timings up to plant management level
* Lead the daily communication activity for your line in regards to reactive, then drive proactive, at the Quality Group morning meetings
* Lead/ support the analysis steps, data collection, summarization and presentation of any responsible activity and make decisions based on this data
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
* 2+ years of relevant experience including experience in PDCA, analyzing and countermeasure of problems, understanding of Honda quality systems and flow
* Associate's degree in automotive manufacturing technology field or 4 years' equivalent experience
* Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
* Data analysis software (MS Access, Quality WorXs, etc)
Additional Position Factors:
* 5-10 hours overtime/ week
* Able to work off shifts, adjusted shifts, shutdowns, and weekends
* Able to travel short/ long periods both internationally and locally for quality observations and investigations
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Competitive base salary
* Annual Bonus
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.