Job posting has expired
| Collaborative for Educational Services
|55000.00 To 75000.00 (USD) Annually
United States, Massachusetts, Northampton
|January 02, 2024
Title: Staff Accountant
Platform: Shared Services
Reports to: Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Purpose: The Staff Accountant is responsible for General Fund and Special Fund accounting
functions, overall fiscal compliance, annual audits and for the accurate and timely distribution of
internal and external financial statements and monthly project reports. S/he is responsible for
managing how our accounting system software is used in order to maximize its support of all
business office/finance functions.
* Support all aspects of the accounting function including controls, compliance, financial
reporting, reconciliations, audits, revenue recognition, payroll, accounts payable and
receivable, fixed asset management, grants management accounting, taxes, and filings.
* Assist with the development of key financial and accounting policies and procedures that
support the integrity of timely and accurate financial closing and reporting to comply with
CES, state and federal requirements
* Evaluate flow of transactions and processes to ensure proper internal control procedures
are maintained and most efficient policies are being practiced
* Maintain the chart of accounts, updating as necessary
* Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules and comparison with the approved
* Provide support to company's external auditors and ensure a clean and timely year end
* Work closely with auditors in the preparation of the Uniform Financial Report (UFR)
* Assist in preparation annual applications for state and federal indirect cost rates.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ad Hoc financial reporting to support key financial decisions
* Provide support for accounting functions within the General and Special Revenue Fund
* Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars, as needed, for the purpose of
conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
* Other duties, as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
* Participate in agency initiatives, including, but not limited to Social Justice & Equity,
Work-Groups and Strategic Planning
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
Master's, CPA or other relevant professional certification preferred
A minimum of three years of accounting experience
Skilled in use of Microsoft Excel software and financial systems
Skills in using Infinite Visons ERP, Salesforce and/or ADP Workforce Now preferred.
Skilled in the use of the following Google Apps: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets and Calendar
Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with leadership and as part of a team
Experience implementing enterprise wide financial software a plus
Familiarity with, or the ability to learn, governmental accounting requirements
Ability to multi-task and respond to demanding job duties with a positive mindset.
Requires working a flexible schedule to include night meetings. Ability to handle interruptions
and maintain productivity. Ability to work with diverse personalities. Skilled in working
independently and collaboratively.
Work Location: Hybrid Remote. Northampton MA
Terms of Employment: 12 month (40hrs+/wk), benefits according to CES Personnel Policies.
CES is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from all cultural, ethnic and racial backgrounds.
Candidates whose backgrounds are well suited to understanding and addressing the need of the diverse student
populations we serve are encouraged to apply.