Assistant School Leader
McClure, Tulsa, OK
# of Openings:
Assistant School Leader
The Assistant School Leader assists the School Leader with the organization and operation of the school within the framework of existing CAP policies. Ensure compliance with Head Start Program Performance Standards, local, federal, and state laws, as well as agency procedures, and plans that pertain to children from zero to five. Sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance. Performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgment to select from multiple known alternatives. Frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses. Supervisory responsibilities as identified by School Leader.
- Assist the School Leader in serving as an instructional leader of the building; through assistance in the selection of materials, assignment, and in-service courses
- Work with the staff in the development and implementation of the core components of the school's curriculum
- Manage time, attendance, and punctuality of assigned staff.
- Observe teachers and support Instructional Coaches in providing instructional assistance as needed
- Work with service area leaders and staff to coordinate and integrate curriculum and instruction
- Provide a safe physical environment for children and staff. Support School Leader in creating an inclusive and positive school clime and culture.
- Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of the school-based goals and outcomes
- Assist in coordination and implementation of a parental and community involvement program
- Work with Curriculum Specialists, School Leader and other staff to ensure integration and coordination of the agency's programs
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the school, including, but not limited to reports, discipline, facilities, conferring with children, parents and service area leaders, and scheduling
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Early Childhood Education or in an education related field Coursework in either field must include a minimum of six (6) approved credit hours in Early Childhood Education (approved college credit hours must be on the CECPD Recommended Approved Coursework Listing www.cecpd.org).
- 3 years Early Childhood administration experience
- Maintain current Oklahoma Director's Credential
- Must have proven successful interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with intra-department and inter-department staff, vendors, clients, visitors, and contractors.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with ability to read, interpret, and present information efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to accurately audit records and ensure compliance with written or oral guidelines.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc. Advanced MS Office skills, working knowledge of accounting and budgeting practices.
- Advanced organizational skills, efficiency skills and excellent attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to completing assignments on a timely basis.
In-person work and collaboration are requirements for this position. Employee is expected to physically report to assigned work site as scheduled by supervisor. At agency discretion, this position may be allowed to engage in remote work for specified periods of time or a determined percentage of work schedule; however, this is not guaranteed. Temporary remote workdays may be approved for circumstances such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, special projects, or travel. These arrangements are approved on an as-needed basis, with no expectation of ongoing continuance. All remote work arrangements are made on a case-by-case basis, focusing first on the business needs of the organization.
Essential Physical & Mental Requirements
Primarily an office position. Work requires intermittent bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling throughout the day. Must have the ability to lift and/or carry objects and children weighing up to fifty (50) pounds and quickly respond to children's needs. Must be willing to work in noisy and stressful environment. Regular and reliable attendance required must be flexible with hours in order to cover site-operating hours. Requires moderate attention to detail and deadlines 15%-45% of the time.
Apply for this Position