At Nespresso we place people and specialty coffee at the heart of what we do. As part of our team, you'll be empowered to inspire, care, act, and innovate to reach your full potential and reimagine what coffee can be. We're committed to delivering an exceptional coffee experience that elevates our community, suppliers, farmers, and each other, channeling our growth-minded spirit to set new standards in global coffee culture. Quality, sustainability, diversity and inclusion are core to who we are and critical to our vision of driving positive change. Throughout our factories, boutiques, and office locations, Nespresso careers are brimming with first-rate opportunities to push the boundaries of coffee exploration.
The Lead Data Scientist (Forecasting) will be the subject matter expert for utilizing data science and machine learning to build forecasting data products for Nespresso USA. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining forecasting data products to revamp key processes and fill gaps in forecasting needs across the business. This role will also manage the Machine Learning Operations (MLOPs) workflows to streamline the model development process and improve ongoing model performance, as well as evolving Nespresso's data science capabilities to remain competitive through external benchmarking and collaboration with data science teams across Nespresso globally.
This role will also support numerous functions, including Direct to Consumer (DTC) Channel Owners, Customer Service, Product Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain/Operations. This is hybrid-based opportunity that will work at Nespresso's office in New York City, NY (Manhattan - at least 1 day/week and the rest remotely).
Organization Wide Forecasting Data Science Application
* Collaborate cross functionally in problem framing and conception of ideas to develop consensus and execute on the machine learning forecasting use cases.
* Partner with Manager, Forecasting Data Products on an organization wide data science and machine learning agenda for forecasting, based on business priorities and understanding of stakeholder needs.
* Lead and build machine learning models through all phases of development from design, testing, data gathering, training, evaluation, validation, governance, and implementation.
* Produce and maintain all formal documentation on model builds and performance for continuous improvement and reference in future use cases.
* Consistently evaluate opportunities for machine learning use cases in teams currently not utilizing data science.
Machine Learning Operations and Continuous Improvement
* Own the ML Ops roadmap from the prioritization of model development, to model optimization, to decommissioning.
* Develop and monitor success metrics related to adoption and impact of the data science products, track the realized savings and business benefits.
* Maintain the health of machine learning systems, including speed, model accuracy, reliability, and performance.
* Develop and manage ML Ops processes and workflows, including a feature store, model version control, automated retraining, AutoML best model selection, and MLFlow model registry.
Data Strategy & Merchandising
* Continuously benchmark Nespresso's data environment with competitors, recommending new data sources, techniques, and technologies to improve model performance.
* Collaborate with data science teams across Nespresso to improve predictive modeling and machine learning capabilities across Nespresso markets.
* Create an enforce formal process for model creation and implementation to ensure best results.
* Own merchandizing the value of data science and machine learning in the organization to drive additional use cases.
* Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Business Administration or in a related field required; Master's degree preferred.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience either in a Data Science or Analytics role.
* 2+ years of experience with forecasting within a data science function.
* Demonstrated fluency in SQL querying skills and MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint) required.
* Hands on data science experience across different use cases required.
* Ability to multi-task and effectively manage competing and parallel project demands required.
* Must have excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, teamwork and stakeholder management skills (cross-functionally).
* Advanced programming language skills in Python, R or in other related programs is highly desired.
* Experience with Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) implementation is strongly preferred.
* Experience with Supply Chain Planning Software (i.e.: Coupa, LLamasoft, etc.) a plus.
* Must be agile and detail-oriented.
* Willing and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
The approximate pay range for this position is $130,000 to $150,000. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and abilities as well as geographic location.
Nestle offers performance-based incentives and a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k with company match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Incentives and/or benefit packages may vary depending on the position. Learn more at:
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
Nestle Nespresso USA is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.