Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Leads the identification and development of technically and financially viable energy and waterconservation measures involving Factory energy, water, waste water, operations and utilities assets. Collaborates with Corporate,Factory Engineering, SHE, Quality,Procurement on projects and initiatives that contribute toward energy / water conservation and sustainability objectives.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as liaison between Operations, SHE, Engineering, Procurement, Finance and Factory teams on sustainability initiatives across the market.
- Provides technical and financial analysis of Energy/Water Conservation Measures (ECM) and energy supply for projects under consideration.
- Participates in the process of assessing new energy/water assets for equipment replacement needs or to meet expansion requirements of Factories.
- Builds rapport and business relationships as needed with the Market Sustainability group and end to end supply chain.
- For approved ECMs actively supports functional leads in the development of equipment and/or process specifications or requirements for Procurement RFP process and installation phase.
- Leads the market Reduce, Rethink, Replace strategy designed to meet 2050 Net Zero Goals.
- Market lead / facilitator for the MM Zero initiative for all factories Responsible for delivering year on year sustainability reduction targets
- Main Purpose of the Job Key Outputs / Deliverables Market lead for implementing digital tools related to environmental sustainability (examples includes DMO Energy, Horizon, Jarvis, Powerbi, Dashboards).
- Key champion of change within Operational Sustainability (NOT A CONSULTANT, BUT DELIVERS RESULTS).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and execute strategies to yield stellar results within Operational Sustainability.
- Speed, agility, flexibility to work within and outside of engineering. Requires frequent (50%) overnight travel to customer facilities, may include auto, air, rail.
- Conducts energy audits and prepares written proposals identifying potential energy conservation upgrades.
- Performs detailed analyses of costs and savings.
- Employs technical expertise to develop preliminary designs and estimates of cost and energy saving opportunities.
- Provides technical and implementation recommendations for ECMs.
- Supports engineering in the preparation of detailed and comprehensive scopes of work that allow subcontractors to fully understand and accurately provide bids.
- Prepares budgetary cost estimates for ECMs Written feedback and comparative cost/value benefits of competing proposals resulting from competitive procurement process
- Supports Engineering and/or Factories in developing materials and presenting energy/watersavings proposals to stakeholders
- Implements company project control processes for projects implemented in accordance with established cost, schedule, and quality requirements Provides periodic status reports to management on project status and/or performance Coordinates project turnover with Engineering and Factories
- Demonstrates leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and encouraging safe work behaviors.
- Physical & Environmental Requirements Work independently and with people, speaking in front of groups and with individuals, management, engineers, subcontractors, manufacturers, and suppliers, etc.
- Work both indoors and outdoors, in hot or cold conditions, and around construction project sites
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in engineering and/or business-related discipline and 6years of relevant work experience in the evaluation and implementation of energy conservation projects with technical solutions at customer site locations Professional Engineering (PE) registration, Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or LEED Accreditation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex energy/waterconservation saving projects Detailed knowledge of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), utility, waste water,electrical systems, and process related systems in industrial manufacturing
- Experience in developing energy / waterconservation projects involving renewable energy technologies, large prime movers such as combustion turbines, biomass and landfill gas facilities
- Prior experience and familiarity with energy utility tariffs, utility services practices and regulation Experience working in manufacturing facilities and related energy assets, preferably in food process or similar industry Knowledgeable of the steps required for project commissioning Experience in the development of project specifications, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts
- Experience in group presentations, including excellent writing skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with an entire project team to develop and present proposals, obtain buy-in, and help to transition smoothly to implementation
- Qualifications / Certifications
- Proficiency on the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and project database applications
- Ability to perform load calculations and energy analyses using industry modeling software programs
- Ability to work in a diverse environment (internal/external) Effective leadership skills
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.