Job posting has expired
Senior Product Development/Packaging Hybrid- Global Brands
United States, Virginia, Arlington
1812 North Moore Street (Show on map)
|January 09, 2024
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred, but not required
Technical Applications Group Hybrid role, focusing on Product and Packaging Development. Individual selected will serve as the Product Development and/or Packaging Development Lead on project teams to deliver the Innovation & Renovation portfolio within both Global Brands and Nestle Premium Waters divisions. Projects will be diverse and across multiple markets.
Primary Product Development Responsibilities
* Implementation of Innovation & Renovation strategy for the supported product categories in the market. Leverage technical experience, R&D and external industry insights to develop, implement, and execute creative product/process development activities (e.g. bench top, pilot plant, and internal/external factory) to achieve project goals and deadlines to delight the consumer.
* Introduction of new products and processes within factories whenever required. Collaborate and influence internal and external project teams (Teams are made up of PTC, Product Developers at Affiliate Markets, Project Managers, Quality, Regulatory, Engineering, Packaging, Factories, Marketing, Co-Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Supply Chain, etc.) to develop, industrialize, and launch on a complex range of Innovation and
* Continuously improve/optimize current products and processes within factories according to local business needs and supply situation and/or implementation of initiatives. Lead technical projects including technical assistance, sourcing, quality improvements, compliance, and productivity cost savings. This includes establishing and managing timelines, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, and identifying resource constraints.
* Ensure adherence to all products, processes, materials standards. Comply with Nestle requirements (includes 60/40+), external standards, and local regulatory framework. Identify, influence, and lead the development of the product and process standards within the Nestle systems.
* Lead conversations with affiliate markets on cost savings opportunities.
* Continuous improvement of technical skills and personal development, while being a proactive affiliate member of a Nestle Expert Network and/or external networks.
* Develop expertise for product and process mastership within TAG.
* Define, develop, and coach the competencies and training materials required for product/process mastership to enable manufacturing excellence.
* Ensure knowledge transfer related to product/process mastership to eliminate the root cause of assistance requests.
* Act as the coaching and training resource for product/process mastership.
Primary Technical Packaging Responsibilities
* Drive creative structural packaging development that delivers on consumer insights and key Brand attributes.
* Implement new packaging structures flawlessly to ensure the on-time launch of projects.
* Be the guardian of system standards and sustainability focus, ensure compliance to specified requirements for imported products and domestically produced products.
* Provide technical expertise with packaging suppliers and where necessary participate in the selection of new suppliers.
* Develop and maintain packaging specifications and material safety documentation.
* Provide technical support and packaging expertise to internal customers, including Marketing, Operations, QA, Engineering, Purchasing, Packaging Communications, and others.
* Responsible for performing packaging qualification trials (materials and vendor selection) and conducting ship tests. Review, evaluate and document result. Facilitate decision making with project teams based on results and data.
* Emphasis on building Nestle network by seeking and maintaining relationships globally.
* Lead conversations with affiliate markets on cost savings opportunities through packaging or pallet optimization. Work with market to determine feasibility and saving.
* Request and review all pertinent compliance documentation for imported goods for approval in product briefs.
* Develop, test and validate new packaging materials and formats for new domestic product innovations, ensuring E2E technical feasibility and compliance.
* Review and approve artwork for packaging die line accuracy for design updates.
* Ability to influence cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrate courage and initiative to influence with integrity.
* Comfortable leading discussions and communicating within project teams.
* Ability to influence stakeholders and manage expectations.
* Acts as a change agent.
Requirements & Minimum Education Level
* Minimum BA/BS required, preferred BS in Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial) or similar degree.
* Travel: Minimal work travel, less than 10%.
* 3 years of related work experience.
* Broad experience (across functions/categories) is preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment with a high level of autonomy.
* Exceptional organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
* Project Management Skills and Capabilities.
* Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written, networking and stakeholder management skills.
* Brilliant at the basics (time management, results focus, organization skills).
* Ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
* Effectively collaborates and influences people through strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to manage conflict and drive resolution.
* Business acumen including a strong understanding of the businesses where project work is occurring.
* Strong understanding of the consumer and an ability to focus work with the consumer in mind.
* Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a high-volume, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
* Quick sifting abilities (focuses project team and stakeholders on the top priorities - can focus on high level and detail level, knowing which is appropriate).
* Ability to analyze data, identify links between facts, ideas and situations that have no obvious connection.
* Ability to manage ambiguity.
* Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.