Responsible for helping clients identify solutions to problems that have caused them to struggle emotionally. Help others build their coping skills and self-esteem, promote positive behavioral changes, and strive to improve someone else’s quality of life.
- Support clients by listening, offering advice, and helping them develop coping strategies.
- Connect clients with resources like therapy groups and community services.
- Collaborate with individuals, groups, and communities to take steps to improve mental health.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests, interview clients, and review medical records.
- Design treatment plans that describe the goals of therapy and which interventions will be used.
- Review plans periodically to ensure they are still appropriate and make adjustments if needed.
- Talk to clients about issues related to depression, suicide, bullying, stress, self-image, and aging.
- Respond to emergency calls and work with families who are dealing with a crisis situation.
- Provide counseling services to individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis.