Responsible for managing all clerical and administrative functions in a court setting, including maintaining court records, handling customer service, dealing with queries, and assembling documents during a trial.
- Assist the administration of the court.
- Prepare and maintain the docket of scheduled cases.
- Process passports and swear in new citizens.
- Manage official documents such as marriage licenses, mortgages, and deeds.
- Notify participants when trial date approaches, along with any necessary details.
- Record payments for fees.
- Notify court participants that fees are due.
- Assemble documents required for court proceedings.
- Prepare, file and forward documents and case files.
- Identify and request any missing material.
- Review documents for accuracy.
- Record minutes of proceedings.
- Transcribe minutes after sessions.
- Administer the oath taken by the jurors and witnesses.
- Supervise other court clerks.
- Manage records management system.
- Draft court orders and record petitions for changes in rules and statutes.
- Prepare petitions and warrants.
- Process court decisions for publication.
- Impanel jurors and provide information on court procedures.