Responsible for managing and evolving an organization’s enterprise architecture. Align a company’s technology strategy with its business objectives, maintain its IT network, and suggest ways to reduce technology costs.
- Define a company’s enterprise architecture (structure, processes, systems, and infrastructure).
- Align an organization’s IT infrastructure with its business goals.
- Create architectural models that show how enterprise architecture components fit together.
- Use models to visualize relationships between systems and to identify areas of improvement.
- Evaluate new technologies to see if they will be more efficient or effective than existing ones.
- Design and implement new IT technologies; plan projects, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Manage projects that will ultimately change an organization’s enterprise architecture.
- Organize training to convey the goals of an enterprise architecture and its impact.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in order to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
- Document a company’s enterprise architecture and any changes that have been made.