Responsible for composing and transcribing musical scores and using music theory to create tonal structures such as harmonies and melodies.
- Arrange music composed by others.
- Compose original music for use in operas, theater, or symphonies.
- Incorporate rhythm, temp, tone, and harmony to balance piece.
- Adapt musical composition for orchestra, band, choral group, or individual.
- Transcribe musical parts from score created by arranger or orchestrator.
- Rewrite original music scores for modern times.
- Transcribe ideas for musical compositions into musical notation.
- Meet with directors and producers to synthesize ideas.
- Copy parts from scores and delegate to performers.
- Direct musicians during rehearsals.
- Transcribe music from one voice or instrument to another.
- Utilize different sounds such as keyboards or synthesizers to create desired effect.
- Read over scripts to imagine how scores would fit within the scenes.
- Organize, direct, and supervise band or orchestra.
- Manage all musical projects.
- Teach vocals to singers.
- Assist artistic director and creative team.
- Use computer software to make revisions to musical composition.