Responsible for procuring products and services for retailers, wholesalers, and other organizations. Oversee the purchasing process from start to finish, identify the need for certain items, and review product specifications.
- Organize and oversee the procurement of goods and services for an organization.
- Obtain the best possible prices for the goods and services that are needed.
- Build relationships with suppliers and work closely with them to negotiate contracts and pricing.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies that help an organization save money.
- Manage inventory levels and coordinate with other departments to ensure timely deliveries.
- Guarantee that all purchased items meet quality standards and required specifications.
- Supervise a purchasing team as they source suppliers and purchase goods and services.
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates and continually seek to improve purchasing processes.
- Train junior purchasing employees on various procedures and using the purchasing system.
- Maintain databases with purchase records and information about suppliers.