Responsible for collecting on delinquent tax accounts, setting up repayment plans, administering penalties for default, and identifying repeat tax offenders.
- Resolve and collect unpaid tax debts from individuals and businesses.
- Issue subpoenas and request seizures of property on default accounts.
- Conduct background and financial status checks.
- Research the status of claims, liens, mortgages and other financial obligations.
- Enforce liens to settle debts.
- Garnish wages to collect taxes.
- Assist delinquent tax filers set up debt repayment methods.
- Maintain a detailed reporting of tax receivable.
- Work with Tax Assessor in preparing and verifying commitment.
- Attend to bank foreclosures, bankruptcy cases, and auctions of real property.
- Organize, direct, and supervise the work of technical and clerical staff in secured and unsecured tax collections.
- Resolve taxpayer complaints.
- Prepare and direct tax sales.
- Review penalty appeal applications and submits them with findings and recommendations pursuant to the tax code for determination.
- Analyze tax data and prepare statistical reports.
- Interview and participate in the selecting, hiring, coaching, supervising and evaluating the performance of subordinate staff.