Powersports Buyer (entry level)
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, Powersports Buyer you must work with others to competitively bid outsourced parts amongst suppliers to realize the best value to the company for providing components of Powersports vehicle production. Evaluate responses and make decisions on sourcing selection to support the business direction, maintain positive business relationship with the suppliers, and exercise signature commitment authority in accordance with corporate guidelines.
This position is located in Marysville, Ohio and if eligible relocation is available.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day for a Powersports Buyer will include:
- Represent Honda with minimal supervision in interactions with suppliers to request, review, negotiate, and approve quotations that contribute to setting the production costs of global ATV & SxS new models and mass production vehicles. Deliver results that consistently meet defined cost targets. Prepare cost analyses and effectively negotiate with suppliers/designers, using the support of Cost Technical Experts, to contribute to target achievement.
- Execute supplier / part / commodity tactics under the direction of Cost Technical Experts, to realize cost reduction, mitigation, avoidance and unit achievement of annual Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Morale (SQCDM) business plan objectives.
- Propose maker layout selections to Cost Technical Experts by considering numerous factors including quality, cost, delivery, development, and management on a high volume of parts that result in determining which supplier will provide components for mass production.
- Contribute occasionally to spec maturation with designer engineers by providing input on design changes that impact cost in order to provide critical part design at optimized cost
- Provide maximum support to team members; assist management in accomplishing special projects. As a special project arises, provides appropriate level of support based on management direction
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as a Powersports Buyer you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree (or related relevant experience)
- 3 months minimum experience, preferably in Powersports or Automotive Industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to operate with high level of confidentiality
- General knowledge of cost, budget and/or financial information management
- Strong analytical skills (logical through process, reasonability, timeliness)
- Time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills (logical thought process, reasonability, timeliness)
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to summarize key issues for management review
- Develop innovative approaches to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Knowledge of SxS and ATV market
- Ability to read blue prints and understand specification requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive Base Pay
- Overtime Compensation
- Annual Bonus Program
- Remote work opportunities (40% remote)
- Company Car Program
- Comprehensive Healthcare plans (i.e., PPO, HSA, Dental, Vision)
- Holistic Wellbeing Program
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Relocation benefits if eligible
- Honda Product Programs
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.