The Manager, Project Development is responsible for directing the activities necessary for the successful development of carbon capture and sequestration facilities. The Manager is expected to manage relationships with the local community, prepare a development plan including detailed project schedule, and budget, and is expected to manage the project development to that schedule and budget. The development plan, when executed, will minimize development cost exposure within approved guidelines while achieving development milestones as scheduled.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare development plans, including detailed schedules, budgets and major decision points, which are consistent with management goals and strategies.
- Manage development activities to approved schedule and budget.
- Effectively coordinate activities between various departments involved in the development efforts.
- Foster relationships with local landowners, politicians and regulators to garner support for the project and minimize opposition.
- Identify issues which may impede successful development, identify potential solutions, and report issues and solutions to management in a timely manner.
- Participate in public relations efforts, including participation in interviews and providing input on press releases, and informational materials.
- Make regular presentations on schedule, budget and key issues to senior management
- Must be able to travel on short notice for Domestic and International overnight business.
- Reliable, dependable, and predictable attendance is required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Three years of project management or related experience required
- Outstanding ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, analytical mindset and questioning attitude
- Proactive approach toward identifying and solving problems, as well as seeking challenging experiences
- Strong work ethic, team attitude and willingness to work extended hours and travel up to 50%.
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.