Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges|
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell changes the way the world works. For more than 130 years, we've solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in groundbreaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation. This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
In Space Engineering, we are tasked with developing hardware, software and systems for our Human Space Systems, including the International Space Station, the Orion spacecraft, the new Gateway, and so much more. There is no greater time to be a part of this growing group. As we evolve our brand and business, you will play an important role in advancing our product offerings, market presence, and culture.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell Electronics Solutions Space Engineering. You will be instrumental in supporting testing and troubleshooting of the current prototype of the Carbon Dioxide Removal by Ionic Liquid System (CDRILS), a new technology designed to capture CO2 from a spacecraft atmosphere and deliver purified air back to astronauts. You will support the development and project execution of the technology for upcoming spaceflight demonstrations and lead efforts to resolve technology issues, drive technology innovation, and support technology commercialization to improve our portfolio and offerings.
- Requirements and design
- Monitoring and advising on process operating conditions during test runs
- Troubleshooting and recommending solutions while also addressing improvement and innovative problem solving
- Analysis of test data results
- Participate in the maintenance and development of related design tools and documentation.
- Support, develop, and improve technology specific tools and infrastructure.
- Technical problem solving/Root cause analysis
- Technical documentation - Test plans, procedures, and reports
- Project management performance and execution
- Cost, schedule, and milestone development/management
- Risk (threats/opportunities) development and management
- Customer technical communication and relationships
- Hardware supplier technical communication/interface
- Design validation through build and test execution
- Proposal development support of estimation of resources and schedule
ESRAD22YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
- Minimum 2+ years' experience of applied engineering
- All applicants must by US Citizens, due to contractual requirements
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers to understand issues and resolve them for the benefit of both customer and employer
- Individuals who have demonstrated a track record of being self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Understanding of basic thermodynamic equipment and fluid dynamic principles.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems.
- Self-driven and always looking to improve on the current best practices or technology offering.
- Experience with LabView, DIAdem and/or NX.
- Track record of achieving results given rapidly changing requirements or circumstances
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Ability to find an optimal balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Demonstrated interest in space applications
- JOB ID: HRD162228
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 19019 N. 59th,Glendale,Arizona,85308,United States
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.