Experienced Represented UM/UIM Adjuster (Remote)
| Allstate Insurance|
|June 23, 2022|
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
Job Code: 70013181
This job is responsible for investigating complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; (3) complex Commercial Property Liability (CPL) or extra-contractual liability claims; (4) or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, EandO policies, etc.). The individual also handles claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved.
"In our virtual environment, adjusters are required to engage and participate on camera during online meetings and trainings."
* Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
* Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
* Determines claim value
* Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
* Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
* Researches, responds to, or participates in Department of Insurance complaints or investigations
* Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
* Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
* Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Education and Experience:
* Applies broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
* Applies broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
* Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
* Applies broad knowledge of problem solving and preparation of reports for analysis
* Applies broad negotiation and/or arbitration skills
* Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
* Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex claims
Compensation offered for this role is$56,600.00-$91,850.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on , , and or watch a .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.