At Hello Fresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The Hello Fresh Group now includes our core brand, Hello Fresh, as well as: Green Chef, Every Plate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
Job Description: Senior Manager, Human Resources
As the Senior HR Manager for the Aurora, CO location, you would be responsible for partnering with the Operations leaders to create and drive the culture for the entire location. This is a green chef facility and will require on-site attendance M-F.
- Own and drive core HR functions, ensuring to align initiatives, programs, and projects to business drivers and company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of consistent performance management coaching and counseling techniques.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and needs, gain insights from employee off-boarding and exit interviews.
- Manage front-line HR operations support to employees, compensation support and communication, on-boarding/off-boarding, leave management & workers' compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration and reporting.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures partnering with Employee Relations and legal on any agency charge responses.
- Manage a small team consisting of our Senior Associate, Associate, and office coordinator.
- Provide training support to all levels of employees.
- Meet with the Management team to understand business goals and anticipate future staffing needs.
- Proactively develop and implement alternative staffing sources.
- Proactively strategize with management to recruit new hires based on production requirements.
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and employees regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, coaching and corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans and terminations.
- Conduct interventions, fact-findings and resolves conflicts as they arise.
- Deliver, monitor, coach and guides technical and nontechnical training for Distribution Center Supervisors and non-exempt associates.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- A positive attitude and are able to engage with employees with confidence and credibility, even if you don't always have the answer in the immediate moment.
- You are extremely organized and you have a great ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- 5+ years in an HR role, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, and HR data management.
- Experience handling employee relations issues and coaching managers.
- Experience with benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), and performance reviews.
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws, including CA law.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- HRCI/SHRM certified, PH Rca preferred
- Master's in Human Resources/Organizational Psychology preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, HR metrics and reporting and Google Suites.
- Be an innovative, strategic thinker who can effectively leverage data to improve efficiency in a production focused operational environment
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. "Make it happen" attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal/nonverbal skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- Have a track record as a successful change agent who has leveraged an HR Business partner model to transform operations through people
- A highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to partner with and influence key business leaders and build high functioning teams
- Ability to develop and execute a proactive employee and labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote employee engagement
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off Hello Fresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
- CO Salary 130-140K + Equity eligible.
About Hello Fresh
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers' homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At Hello Fresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company's commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.
To learn more about what it's like working inside Hello Fresh, follow us on Instagram and Linked In