Do you love to cook healthy meals? Are you looking for a rewarding work atmosphere? Primrose School of Huebner Village located at 2410 Huebner Park, San Antonio, Texas 78248 is in search of a Food Service Teacher (Chef) who can prepare delicious, nutritious food.
Primrose School of Huebner Village is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Maintains a keen awareness of children that have allergies and food restrictions. Offers substitute items to children who may be allergic or have other food restrictions
- Ensures food service area and food is free of nuts, nut products or food items that have been processed in a facility that also processes nut products according to the policies and procedures of the school. Checks all food labels upon receipt to ensure compliance with this requirement
- Follows the daily menu prepared in collaboration with or by the Director
- Follows portion control standards for lunch and snacks in preparations
- Is adaptable and implements changes in menus, if instructed to do so
- Ensures that each meal is ready to be served when scheduled
- Assists with ordering food and is able to calculate the amount needed
- Maintains an orderly, clean and safe kitchen area at all times, including the proper maintenance of equipment
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Huebner Village Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care and food service regulatory agencies
- Ability to relate positively to young children is essential
- Previous experience in quantity food preparation is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.