What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
This position is in the IAP Weld Weldability group. Ensure white body structural integrity by establishing and leading systems to develop, implement and sustain joining processes through New Model and Mass Production to achieve product specification while ensuring continuous improvement of Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale (SEQDCM) characteristics.
Develop and maintain weld condition optimization for Resistance Spot Weld (RSW) and Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) welds. Produce New Model quality documentation for weld specific information. Install and maintain new welding technology and equipment
- Control, investigate and make proposals of specs for joining equipment needs (in the areas of new equipment, consumables, joining hardware, spare parts, preventative maintenance and inspection technologies) and act as liaison to vendor(s) to optimize and standardize joining equipment.
- Meet requirements of new model development and maturation (parameter development, destruct/countermeasure, quality standard sheets, drawing review, feasibility studies, and build support) to achieve milestone targets and smooth launch.
- Develop and implement control strategies to ensure compliance of joining, formulated and sub materials, calibrated instruments, and documentation.
- Develop testing and procedures for quality verification and inspection to prevent shipment of nonconforming product.
- Create and maintain weld quality reporting and documentation for the department to manage daily production and compliance.
- Provide engineering technical knowledge to manage nonconforming product evaluation, execution, and containment to minimize impact to plant operations or customers.
- Make, update and revise training material for joining processes and conduct training to improve department skill level.
- Optimize usage of joining sub materials to reduce department operating expenses while maintaining product and manufacturing characteristics.
- Maintain regular communication with other facilities, reduce duplicate workload, and collaborate on global joining activity.
- Lead and/or actively participate in department initiatives such as business plan, loss elimination, knowledge share/transfer, continuous improvement, and engagement.
- Develop a thorough understanding and apply engineering standards, spec / drawing and Honda quality systems and methods to hold accountability, prevent outflow, and ensure complianc
Who we are seeking:
- Bachelors in Welding Engineering/ Engineering Technology (or related major) or equivalent demonstrated experience/skills
- 6 month - 2 years experience in resistance spot and/or MIG welding systems
- Microsoft Office (Excel / PowerPoint), basic ability to read a 2D drawing, strong communication and analytical skills, ability to make and follow plans
- CAD software use - Catia 3D, Resistance Spot Welding Analysis, Knowledge of sealants and adhesives for joining materials, machining / fabrication skills, knowledge of gauging
- An aptitude for and knowledge of robotic/manual resistance spot welding and MIG welding systems
- Familiarity with 6 axis robots
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems and processes
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Hands-on technical application
- Ability to train others
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, identify root cause, and countermeasure identification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to supervise contractors and lead projects
- Flexible work schedule (back shifts, weekends, holidays as needed)
Additional Position Factors:
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and operate vibrating hand tools
- 40% office/40% production floor/20% meetings on average
- Travel 3-4 times per year or as business needs require
- Estimated 8-10 hours paid overtime per week on average
- Work weekends and various shifts as needed
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Bonus
- Manager Lease Car Program (No Cost - Car, Maintenance, Insurance)
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.