Tenaska is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, an organization that's adept in natural gas and power marketing, power management, development and acquisition of generation assets, operation of power plants and more.
The TPS ISO Mid-Term Trading group is looking to hire a trader to focus on environmental products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Building and expanding TPS' presence in the renewable attribute and general environmental products markets.
- Analyzing the environmental products market to enter opportunistic positions for TPS and its customers.
- Executing bilateral environmental arbitrage opportunities for TPS' book.
- Working closely with Origination and Energy Management groups to create and harvest value for TPS and its customers through structured products and forward optimization involving various environmental products.
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics), Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Prior environmental product trading experience
- Understanding of environmental product pricing dynamics
- Prior history of data analysis in the environmental products space to create value
- Ability to analyze risk and reward to make informed trading decisions
- Curious, inquisitive, creative and self-motivated with a passion for identifying and harvesting value add opportunities for TPS and its customers
- Strong time management and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with both renewable attribute and emission allowances
- Prior experience focused in Texas, mid-west, and/or mid-Atlantic
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.