Powersports Chassis Design Engineer
Location: Marysville, OH
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Contributes to the development of functioning prototypes that will eventually become production ATV & Side by Side (SxS) vehicles, researching and applying new technologies to support business targets and maintain global vehicle product quality.
- Develop basic component and system layouts for ATV/SxS prototype vehicles using computer-aided design software that achieve concept targets, function requirements, and manufacturing requisites with minimal supervision. Communicate specification requirements and manufacturing control points via prototype and production drawings that result in setting the final specifications of global ATV/SxS new models and mass production vehicles. Maintain accurate technical, development, and administrative documentation as required.
- Adhere to given cost targets for responsible parts that contribute to achievement of the vehicle development targets and achieve the cost targets through optimizing basic part/system designs and offsetting any spec changes after target fix through implementation of additional cost reduction ideas.
- Create and manage schedule of individual work to ensure deadlines are met, coordinate resource needs with supervisor, and effectively utilize contractor resources with minimal supervision. Consistently communicate project status and participate in project meetings, discussions, and development events.
- Generate basic ideas that contribute to the evolution of new technologies. Support maturation of ideas to prepare for development applications with minimal supervision.
- Support market quality themes under the direction of others. Utilize problem-solving methods to analyze root causes. Develop and implement counter measure specifications as necessary with minimal supervision.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
Engineering experience desired, preferably in Powersports or Automotive field.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in related engineering discipline.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to interact/communicate effectively with staff/management
- Must be able to operate with high level of confidentiality
- Competent in FTA, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and application
- Competent analytical, problem solving, judgement, decision-making and prioritization
- Competent drawing and layout skills/techniques, include understanding of CAE principles
- Competent in creating a plan and schedule
- Competent in understand product development schedules
Additional Position Factors:
- Travel: Average of 1-3 times monthly. Amount varies based on project demands/responsibilities, conferences, etc.; includes possible overseas travel.
- Physical: Primarily works at a desk or scope; frequent keyboarding. Limited kneeling, standing, squatting, reaching or bending.
- Hazards: Risks found in a typical office & shop setting. May be exposed to explosives/flammables, pressurized equipment, toxic chemicals and moving parts.
- Overtime: Overtime expected based on project demands/responsibilities.
- Maintains professional conduct and follows all departmental, safety department, and company policies, procedures, and rules.
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Overtime Pay
- Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.