Interested in crafting industry-leading mobile experiences? Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your work will be seen by millions of people? GEICO's Digital Experience team is on a mission to reimagine insurance, making it simple and accessible for everyone, and we want you to help us.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer with a passion for native mobile design to help us craft superior experiences for our award-winning mobile app.
In this role, you'll join a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, and copywriters to create our GEICO Mobile app and partnering mobile experiences. Innovation, attention to detail, and your ability to use storytelling techniques to pitch design artifacts are crucial in this role.
- Produce effortless experiences. As an expert in creating high-fidelity UI designs for mobile apps, you'll work on making it easy for our customers to get a quote, manage their policies, participate in our safe-driving programs, and get help during a claim. You've mastered design tools and know how to use them to help you execute quickly.
- Conduct research for data-based decision-making. You'll research problems using traditional and out-of-the-box techniques to inform stakeholders of the effectiveness of the product and recommend changes based on what you learn.
- Work with engineering and product teams to bring our vision to life. You'll pay attention to every detail and work hard to make sure things go smoothly when you hand off your work to an engineer.
- Collaborate across the squad. You'll work across teams of product managers, engineers, stakeholders, and other designers on strategy, ideation, design, and testing of new products. You'll be a team player, putting our customers and the interest of the team above your own.
- Run with multiple projects. You'll be working on a fast-paced team where it's critical that you are able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your own time, and communicate effectively with your peers and management team.
- Solve problems creatively. You'll need to be able to work from given business requirements and produce creative concepts to drive business results. By working with our researchers, you'll work hard to know as much as possible about the users, people, and scenarios you're designing for.
- Tell imaginative stories. You'll be crafting convincing and compelling presentations to share, pitch, and sell your work with a wide range of audiences.
- Think about the big picture. You'll be influencing and helping to shape an established design system. You'll need to consider scalability, adaptability, and long-term impact in all of your work.
- BA/BS or higher in graphic design, human interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience leading visual design efforts for digital products
- Expert knowledge in iOS and Android/Material human interface design guidelines
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates visual design skills, logical and creative thinking, and attention to detail in the context of digital products
- A mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Figma, Abstract, or related visual design software
- Proficient at conducting qualitative and quantitative user research using a variety of methodologies and tools
- A strong understanding of user interface patterns and best practices across both mobile app and responsive web design
- A team player. You should be proactive about partnering with others and get excited about pitching in to handle anything - large or small
- Expert-level understanding of HCI principles
- Experience working within established design systems and brand guidelines
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills to elegantly communicate designs, ideas, and stories
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Experience producing custom illustrations
- Motion and micro-animation experience
- Experience producing user flows/journeys that consider complex business requirements
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning platform
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates