NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager-Insurance Clearance.
In this role, the successful candidate as the Manager of Insurance Clearance is responsible for providing the daily management of the pre and post arrival insurance clearance functions of their respective areas of responsibility. This includes assisting in the overall planning, organization, and direction of those designated areas of responsibility. Cross campus duties and responsibilities of the Manager include, but are not limited to: (1) personnel management, (2) insurance clearance and time of service collections management, (3) policies and procedures development, (4) ensuring optimal customer relations, (5) maximizing accurate and timely billing and minimizing denials.
- This position is accountable for the management of the Insurance Clearance operations and works collaboratively with the Director of Revenue Cycle Operation to support department initiatives, perform applicable analysis, and manage key project initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to compliance and departmental policies and procedures including compliance with 100% of HIPAA requirements, required trainings, and other Hospital mandated activities;
- Finalizes deliverables and present findings to internal and external clients.
- Ensures optimal customer relations; ensures and advocates excellence in customer service values. Provides ongoing staff support/education for customer service skills and values. Ensures and monitors that all staff demonstrate and espouse customer service values when interfacing with patients, physicians, physician office staff, visitors, and hospital colleagues.
- Attends departmental in-services and staff meetings; Ensures staff complies with in service and competencies.
- Produces training tools to address performance deficiencies and to explain processes changes.
- Interviews prospective employees and make recommendations as to their abilities and the needs of the department. Monitors staff attendance and punctuality on a regular basis. Maintains records of staff attendance of all mandatory training sessions.
- Provides orientation, training and continuing education for all staff.
- Counsels employees when performance does not meet standard in an effort to improve the areas of deficiency before disciplinary action is required.
- Develops and maintains productivity standards for areas of direct responsibility, and monitors adherence to those standards. Provides coaching and feedback to staff in areas of responsibility, and completes probationary and annual performance appraisals for staff.
- Reviews denial data to determine trends and opportunities for improvement by front end users specific to insurance eligibility and benefits, authorization, if applicable, Coordination of Benefit and timely notification.
- Develops/Updates policies and procedures for Insurance Clearance.
- Performs routine quality monitoring to ensure accuracy, timeliness and comprehensive content of information collected and documented to ensure reimbursement. Delivers feedback timely and constructively.
- Provides leadership through effective communication, guidance, feedback and delegation. Prepares and assigns reports for area of responsibility.
- Understands, develops, implements, and analyzes key performance measures for continuous improvement efforts and managing daily operations.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or related field and /or a minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated, responsible experience in a Revenue Cycle department along with previous supervisory experience. Strong analytical, interpersonal and dynamic communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Proven leadership skills required.
Bachelors degree in business administration or healthcare administration or related field; 5-7 years of demonstrated responsible experience in a managerial role of a Revenue Cycle Operations department.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.