NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Director- FPA and Budgets.
In this role, the successful candidate At the direction of the VP FPA and Budgets, the Senior Director FPA and Budgets oversees the day to day activities of the Long Range Financial Plan and Clinical Budget teams, whose primary responsibility is the production of the clinical operating budget, the long range financial plan, forecasting and monthly reporting.
- Responsible for the production of the Clinical Operating Budget for NYU Langone Hospitals and NYU School of Medicine
- Oversee the annual Long Range Financial Planning (LRFP) process for NYULH and provide the 10-year projected financials including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Sources and Uses, KPI's, Rating Score Cards and other related information
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of the Hyperion Planning / Essbase / Strategic Finance tools and forecast applications
- Understands financial planning technologies and methodologies. Possesses an overall understanding of complex financial models. Performs scenario and sensitivity analysis on planning assumptions
- Incorporate new business lines and programs into multi-year plan and assesses/advises on the impact of those initiatives on the financial plan
- Maintain and continue to optimize the volume projection model for clinical budgeting using trends and current physician roster to predict fiscal year volumes in all NYU Langone Hospitals and FGP practices
- Work with Site Lead and Decision Support teams and senior hospital leadership to develop/update volume and utilization projections in forecast which addresses demographic shift, and market share factors.
- Responsible for the clinical revenue budget model, ensuring the rates are updated with the most recent contract negotiations, working closely with Managed Care
- Understands and incorporates the impacts of managed care contracting and government reimbursement activities into the long range financial plan
- Manage and optimize the expense model for clinical budgets, using EPSi cost accounting data to ensure current variable cost per case assumptions are applied to volume projections
- Ensure G/L and EPSi DSS data are loaded accurately in Hyperion / Essbase financial planning software tool
- Work with Decision Support to leverage their input for optimal use of EPSi data within the forecasting tool
- Partner with Operations, Finance and Clinical leadership to ensure appropriate volume projections, rate and expense assumptions are used in the Budget and LRFP
- Develops financial and statistical models and ensures data integrity regarding the collection and analysis of financial and statistical information in support of the multi-year plan
- Work with the Strategy and Business Development group to assess impact of potential partnerships, mergers, acquisitions and joint venture opportunities
- Maintain appropriate documentation on all forecast assumptions
- Assist in the integration of Long Range Financial Plan, Rolling Forecast and Operating Budget. Development of targets which are incorporated into and used to guide the Operating Budget process for the Hospital and School of Medicine
- Incorporate new technologies, systems and processes to improve the daily operation of the department
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analysis on planning assumptions
- Responsible for research and development of industry, economic and demographic assumptions that will need to be incorporated in NYULH modeling
- Oversee modeling activities as it relates to debt and refinancing scenarios, mergers and acquisitions, risk models, payor trends, and other market factors
- Assist with supervising and training staff position(s) within the Financial Planning department
- Special projects, reports and ad hoc analyses as needed
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree in accounting/finance with 7+ years related experience.
Excellent leadership, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and manage deliverables while adhering to deadlines.
Must work well with senior leaders, analyze current needs, and recommend solutions.
Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and manage competing executive leadership priorities.
Experienced in process development, redesign, and change management with strong ability to organize and analyze data, trends and metrics.
Highly detail oriented. High mathematical aptitude.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.