Contract Specialist III
Hybrid Remote-Phoenix, AZ 85034
Join Avnet, recently named as one of the 100 best places to work in Arizona! We offer outstanding compensation and benefits, including industry leading paid time off, hybrid remote opportunities and a collaborative, friendly work environment. Contract management including developing, assessing, analyzing and executing contracts, agreements or other binding documents. May include risk management, specification compliance, scope development, and ongoing compliance with terms and conditions through execution.
- Prepares, negotiates, and manages various standard and non-standard contracts for the organization to ensure compliance with business requirements, corporate policy, and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Works with a variety of business leaders, suppliers, vendors, customers, contractors and others (inside and outside the company) in the development of new contracts or the negotiation of existing contracts.
- Reviews Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO).
- Provides unique services and assistance in support of global business relationships between regions.
- Identifies contract requirements and risks; resolves issues, concerns and problems for assigned aspects of contract negotiations
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Demonstrates proficiency in working with various contract types, with working knowledge of broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communication skills in contract review and negotiations, both internally and externally
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables. Determine best approach to achieve results and provide suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Work may be reviewed at a high-level.
- Ability to represent the organization as a primary contact on assignments and/or projects. Interacts with senior professionals and management from various departments, working cross-functionally to achieve company goals while showcasing prioritization skills.
- Typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) and any other language as required for the role.
- Working knowledge of financial terms, supply chain, trade compliance, Uniform Commercial Code, Trade Compliance
- English, History, Communications or Paralegal background
- JD preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.