Posted: Nov 30, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The Apple Beats team is seeking a Firmware Engineer with firm footing with engineering principles and passion for new technologies; a passionate individual with the skills to research and develop new and innovative solutions for the next Apple audio products. Come join us!
- Genuine passion for innovation and embedded development.
- 4+ years of firmware and device driver development.
- Strong, proven coding skills in C and C++.
- Experience in software feature design and development, rapid prototyping, hardware bring-up and reading schematics
- Experience with standard bus interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Familiarity with BT and BLE technology/protocols is a plus.
- Familiarity with compilers and toolchains targeting ARM Cortex-M/R/A, ATMEL AVR, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multiple cross-functional groups.
The Firmware Engineer will be part of a team that architect, design, develop, and maintain hardware and software systems for audio products. This engineer will also perform characterization, test and validation of each design; analyze results and build reports/presentations when needed. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual ready to innovate. Experience in a quick paced rapid development group is helpful.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.