Are you passionate about creating beautiful user experiences? Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your work will be seen by thousands of associates within GEICO's intranet?GEICO's Corporate Communications team is looking for an experiencedUser Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) Designer. In this role, the associate works with content managers with site designs for consistent appearance in our intranet and helps create numerous corporate messaging products. The associate will be part of a team of Web professionals but will work independently on multiple assignments at once. Have good UX design skills, web developing skills, and communication skills.
Your work will champion consistent interfaces and experiences for company internal products. Innovation, attention to detail, and your ability to use storytelling techniques to pitch design artifacts are crucial in this role.
- Under direct supervision, assists in developing and designing various department and program pages/sites within our intranet online platform (Sharepoint Online), while working with internal clients
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Perform intranet revisions
- Responsible for the overall navigation of the pages or site assigned, making sure that the user's journey is logical.
- Ensures that the page or screen is structured in such a way that makes it easy for the user to achieve their goal.
- Create original artwork and special interactive pages for various intranet homepage features, sites and campaigns
- Communicate and interact directly with internal clients about their request to get objective of project request, communicate the timeline for the project and proposed solutions.
- Select and develops graphics for website enhancement,
- Conduct research for data-based decision-making.You'll research problems using traditional and out-of-the-box techniques to inform stakeholders of the effectiveness of the product and recommend changes based on what you learn.
- Collaborate across the squad.You'll work across teams of product managers, engineers, stakeholders, and other designers on strategy, ideation, design, and testing. You'll be a team player, putting our customers and the interest of the team above your own.
- Run with multiple projects.You'll be working on a fast-paced team where it's critical that you are able to keep track of multiple projects at once, manage your own time, and communicate effectively with your peers and management team.
- Solve problems creatively.You'll need to be able to work from given business requirements and produce creative concepts to drive business results.
- Tell imaginative stories.You'll be crafting convincing and compelling presentations to share, pitch, and sell your work with a wide range of audiences.
- Think about the big picture.You'll be influencing and helping to shape an established design system. You'll need to consider scalability, adaptability, and long-term impact in all of your work.
- BA/BS or higher in graphic design, human interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience leading web design efforts
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates experience/use of UI/UX skills, logical and creative thinking, visual design skills and attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills in both technical and design is necessary in this role
- A mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe XD and Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in creating and editing SharePoint pages
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and browser testing
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- A user-centric mindset, Creative and analytical approach
- A team player. You should be proactive about partnering with others and get excited about pitching in to handle anything - large or small.
- Experience working within established design systems and brand guidelines.
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills to elegantly communicate designs, ideas, and stories.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to engage key stakeholders to shape an effective and efficient design
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- UI/UX experience
- Sharepoint Online experience
- Experience producing user flows/journeys that consider complex business requirements
- Experience producing custom illustration
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different bylocation.Benefiteligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.