3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable tech company that directly impacts the lives of millions of people each day. Our mission is simple: make video accessible to everyone. We do this by delivering the leading closed captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solution to over 10,000 global media, enterprise and higher education customers. Founded at MIT Sloan in 2008, 3Play Media is headquartered in Boston's vibrant North End.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, successful, process-driven Senior Vice President of Sales to lead and to continue to build our sales team. With 10,000 customers and growing, we have aggressive plans for continued expansion. We are looking for an experienced leader to help us become a world class sales organization by executing on the strategic direction of the company and exceeding targets. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a track record of success as part of a growing, industry leading technology sales team. The SVP of Sales will report directly to the co-CEO and founder of the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Hire, inspire, mentor, train and grow A players
- Design and execute our sales strategy and processes to close and expand new business opportunities
- Understand and translate the company's business goals into strategic sales initiatives, goals, campaigns, and training
- Work closely with marketing leadership and team to drive leads through the funnel and into qualified opportunities and to synchronize motions via ABM selling to target accounts
- Manage pipeline using enterprise sales methodologies and systems to achieve forecast accuracy and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Create a culture of discipline, accountability, and achievement
- Oversee channel and partner development programs
- Coach direct reports for maximum performance and provide critical feedback regarding sales strategies and tactics for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with functional peers and senior leadership on sales goals, forecasts, market trends, and new product requirements
- Communicate with executive leadership and the Board of Directors regarding sales strategies, performance and future needs to support continued revenue growth
- Minimum 6 years previous experience as a VP of Sales with a track record of success
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple roles in the sales and customer lifecycle, including new customer acquisition, existing customer maintenance and growth, and channel sales.
- Well-articulated and demonstrated enterprise sales process & methodology
- Experience with large, enterprise sales (target accounts), high volume, highly transactional sales, and customer upsell and cross sell programs
- Experience with inbound and outbound demand generation processes and systems
- Strong problem solving and excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan Sales organizational needs 6-12 months in advance of needs
- Highly organized, disciplined and process driven
- Ability to make decisions, provide advice, and explain the rationale related to complex matters
- Adept at building strong relationships with functional peers, subordinates and executive management, including the Board of Directors
- Executive presence, professionalism, and maturity
- Bachelor's degree and formal sales training preferred
Our Promise to You:
- We have an awesome work environment! Our team works hard but loves to have fun. We have company sponsored events like 3Plympics, holiday tastings, summer outings and much more.
- The work is exciting and gratifying, and you would make a direct impact on our success.
- From professional growth and development opportunities to competitive compensation and personalized benefit plans, we've got you taken care of.
- We display respect and embrace inclusion. It's at the heart of what we do. 3Play Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected federal, state or local laws.
About the Company
3Play Media is an integrated video accessibility platform with patented solutions for closed captioning, transcription, live captioning, audio description, and subtitling. 3Play Media combines machine learning (ML) and automatic speech recognition (ASR) with human review to provide innovative, highly accurate services. Customers span multiple industries, including media & entertainment, corporate, ecommerce, fitness, higher education, government, and elearning. In 2022, 3Play Media acquired Captionmax and NCC, extending their support for broadcast, post-production, and Canadian markets.