US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Responsible for processing and assuring timely product delivery for direct customer shipments and regularly monitoring vendor pricing, availability, and terms. Serves as a direct contact for a sales organization of 200+ Territory Managers to provide status on orders, provide pricing and freight quotes, tracking information, return requests, delivery discrepancies, proof of deliveries.
- Provide status on orders, tracking information, pricing quotations, freight quotations, proof of deliveries, return requests, product suggestions to Territory Managers and regional Customer Service Representatives
- Review and process direct ship customer orders. Verify vendor, pricing, freight term codes, lead times and availability
- Conduct routine follow up with supplier regarding the status of open orders
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable Department to reduce and eliminate vendor invoice discrepancies. Work with problematic suppliers to avoid errors
- Request quotes from multiple carriers to pay the lowest price and pass on the lowest price to our customer base. Provide freight quotations to the sales force to assist them with quotes to customers
- Monitor vendor deliveries to ensure direct customer shipments are delivering on time. Communicate with the sales force when there is a potential out of stock situation and work with marketing to find a suitable substitute
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
2-4 years of work experience, buyer or purchasing experience a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner
- Customer Service - Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments
- Detail Oriented - Attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to build working relationships with vendors and customers
- Proficient use of People Soft, MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
- Normal office environment - working conditions are safe and conducive to efficiency, creativity, and productivity
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms
- The position normally requires 40 hour work week, with potential for overtime and limited travel on occasion
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.