Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
If you are located in Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creates department strategies and specific objectives for the team members and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the department infrastructure
- Medical Oversight of the Urgentivist Extenders (Paramedic/Nursing teams), combining direct patient care in the field with supervisory and other functions that ensure an effectively functioning response system
- SME for EMS, disaster medicine and UE
- Performs remote daily direct medical decision-making and control of care with Urgentivist Extenders
- Maintains Manual, Skills training and onboarding of hired Landmark Urgent Extenders
- Initiates medical treatment orders based on clinical information provided
- Develops, deploys and maintains patient treatment guidelines
- Ensures procedural competency training of Urgentivist Extenders teams
- Leads quality management activities relating to medical care delivered
- Weekly UE efficiencies meetings to standardize company-wide
- Align with Pharmacy, Ops and Market MLT on UE standardization and implementation
- Collaborate with legal on state rules and regulations for UE in new and expanding markets
- Collaborate with market on hiring, onboarding and training new UE
- Masters Academy SME on triage, UV and UE oversight
- Maintain collaborative practice agreements (CPA's) with advanced practice providers (APP's) in multiple states
- Assists markets with Contracting outside agencies, establishing workflows and process improvements
- Works with outside vendors to evaluate value added tools, applications to improve dispatch, care and efficiencies
- Travel to include UE market visits, education, ride-alongs
- Attend MLT, Ops, Market meetings
- Participates in the on-call schedule and resource for UE support
- Ensures proper injury care and disease diagnosis and treatment
- Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists, as necessary
- Develops and ensures proper communication streams between market provider teams both urgentivist and panelist
- Ensures adherence to care coordination follow up and documentation
- Adheres to national and state specific scopes of practice
- Must reside in Tennessee
- MD degree from an accredited school
- Board Certification, Board Certified ABEM/ABFM
- Valid state license to practice and willingness to get licensed in other states where Landmark practices
- Active DEA Registration
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in managing complex, polychronic patients and comfort with high acuity
- Ability to work a variety of hours
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- ED or urgent care experience preferred
- Comfortable working with electronic medical records and mobile technology
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach. Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a solid emphasis on empathy and building rapport with patients and staff
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.