Posted: Jan 24, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
The Car Experience team is looking for a hardworking, highly motivated engineering program manager to collaborate with automotive partners, and to assist product engineering teams in completing certification with Apple. This is a hybrid role between technical engineering and program managing - you will be responsible to provide technical design and development guidance, to handle certification records across the Car Experience programs (inc. CarPlay, digital car keys in Apple Wallet) and to facilitate communication between Apple and global automotive industry engineering.
- Project management expertise in embedded systems engineering
- Ability to focus and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality. Experience to triage, filter, prioritize and follow through.
- Multitasking multiple projects and programs
- Technical project experience in automotive systems development (infotainment, telematics, wireless technologies) is an ideal prerequisite for this role.
- Experience to assess usability concepts, to provide design feedback and constructive improvement suggestions.
- Track record in driving program improvements
- Start-to-end: identifying opportunities, conceptualizing, driving and completing program level initiatives.
- Experience in automating manual tasks, i.e. using Python scripts for validation or data extraction.
- Ability to learn & understand technical requirements and integration guidelines.
- Self-starting and independent, working with limited supervision.
You will join a hands-on development team that cultivates creativity and quality to deliver engineering excellence. We assist industry partners in developing first class automotive solutions and completing system certification activities with Apple. We track and triage partner issues with development and current shipping automotive systems. We also coordinate with cross-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and attention to detail will prove critical to your success on our team. You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
- 3-5 years development experience in systems engineering, technical program management, automotive software development
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $121,000 and $230,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.