Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
The Finance Director is responsible for overseeing and developing the accounting and finance functions to deliver timely and relevant financial information for the organization. The position ensures that the company meets its financial obligations while improving and maintaining the financial standing. The Finance Director will also support the development of companywide financial strategy and policy in collaboration with executive leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepares timely and accurate financial reports related to the Shine Early Learning business and sub- units.
* Works productively with accounting, tax, payroll and shared services teams to ensure accurate and timely accounting for revenue, payables and balance sheet items, as well as related forecasts.
* Collaborates with business leads on the contract process and oversee the contract to payment processes; directly negotiates and supports negotiations with clients and vendors as appropriate to ensure successful achievement of business unit and company objectives.
* Communicates with business leads consistently and timely on fiscal matters to ensure they are empowered to make business decisions.
* Works closely with VP of Financial Planning Analysis and Operations to develop and maintain internal financial process controls to ensure real time budget management across contracts.
* Conducts financial analysis and forecasting, on profitability, cash flows and scenario modeling.
* Develops and oversees project and business unit-level budgets in collaboration with business unit leads.
* Oversees development of new business project budgets, led by the Shine Finance Coordinator and applicable business unit leads.
* Collaborates with company senior leaders on financial health and sustainability of each business unit, including proactive tracking of potential challenges and collaboration on how to manage risk.
* Performs landscape and opportunity analysis in collaboration with executive leadership to explore new avenues for profitable growth.
* Supports clients and partners to ensure healthy, transparent and productive ongoing relationships, including working to resolve questions and effective management of escalated A/R and A/P concerns.
* Develops and refines financial policies and procedures that are appropriate to business needs and compliant with contract funding sources, in collaboration with business unit leads.
* Supports implementation of reporting tools, fiscal management systems, budgeting tools and enhanced FP&A capabilities.
* Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
* Supervises assigned department personnel. Includes the following responsibilities, but are not limited to: hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and the completion of all work performed by direct reports.
* Educates direct reports on all department and company policies and procedures.
* Meets with assigned staff regularly to identify and resolve problems, manage projects, track goals, and review work processes and procedures.
* Represents team and/or department at meetings, events, and training as required.
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred. Finance, business management or related fields not required but strongly preferred.
* Minimum five (5) years experience in financial management/planning in a leadership capacity required. "Leadership capacity" is responsibility for oversight and/or execution on the holistic financial management of a specific business unit or portfolio of business lines within an organization, as well as the direct supervision of one or more staff members.
* Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
* Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
* Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
**Application deadline is January 31st, 2023**
This position earns up to 100,000.00 Annually
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
- Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Still have questions about this role or our company? Submit an anonymous question by copying and pasting this , into your browser.
Or feel free to contact. Thank you for considering employment with us!