SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER I | UNITED STATES
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It's our incredible team that makes our company great - our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform that provides easy ways for businesses like airlines, hotels, and car rental companies to connect through personalized content to agencies and travelers. The world is changing, and our industry must change with it. We're leading the change; we are the change.
We are on a mission to power the future of travel; come join us.
- Ensure high quality code is delivered that meets required functional and performance specifications.
- Champion contents of customer enhancement communications (e.g. Functional Advisories & Product Advisories).
- Provide technical expertise and consulting to technical staff relating to design, testing, and deployment of software solutions.
- Determine and develop solutions that meet or exceed stated requirements, functionality and system performance leveraging industry knowledge and Travelport's standard procedures and tools, while overseeing that Travelport software remains fully compliant with Industry, Government and Cyber Security Laws and Standards (e.g. DOT, DOJ, EC/EU compliance).
- Develop new tools that streamline testing, aid debugging, or provide system diagnostics and performance metrics.
- Understand how to select and apply appropriate methodologies to identify, document, clarify, refine, detail and prioritize both functional and non-functional requirements (NFRs).
- Effectively coordinate with others to collect/refine requirements and to lead the technical design discussions of work items.
- Analyze and comprehend complex technical problems and define solutions to address them.
- Produce and review technical design documents that address new business requirements with relevant Product, Development & QA stakeholders.
- Engineer extensible/scalable solutions with both the clients and system performance in mind.
- Own creation, execution and analysis of functional, regression and performance testing plans for domain.
- Understand impact on adjacent airline pricing/shopping/ticketing functions and systems, while also considering long-term impacts of overall system performance and/or technical debt.
Who we are looking for in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline with 3 years of relevant experience in the job offered or a related occupation. In lieu of a bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, will accept 5 years of relevant experience. Experience must include:
- 3-5 years relevant airline industry pricing/shopping experience (depending on degree) in developing with Linux, Prolog, and C;
- 3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) designing and implementing Airline Tariff Publishing Company (ATPCO) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) Industry Mandates;
- 3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) Software Development Life Cycle experience, including coding standards, design reviews, code Reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment;
- 3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) with any combination in Quality Assurance, project management, operations and other technical areas;
- 3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) leading projects effectively;
- 3-5 years of experience (depending on degree) mentoring junior staff, particularly offshore resources; and
- 2 years of experience in JIRA Requirements/Feature/Story management and work management tools (e.g., KANBAN if applicable to area), and working in an AGILE/SAFe environment and using Microsoft Project/PPM as planning/tracking tools.
Our ambition is to hire for potential not just experience, and you're likely to succeed if you:
- Are always ready to give it your all and deliver high quality work
- Are excited to use your creativity and innovative thinking to try new things
- Take responsibility and own your work
- Are courageous and ambitious to challenge what's been done before
Benefits of working at Travelport
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match.
We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
Interested? We'd love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.