Engineering Coordinator - Mechanical Engineer B
| Honda North America|
United States, Ohio, East Liberty
|January 25, 2023|
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Location: East Liberty, Ohio
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Develop and support Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale (SEQDCM) and New Model Initiatives, while constantly striving to improve current department characteristics, FSI and engagement.
* Develop capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in the area of technical expertise and understanding for succession planning and team growth
* Review daily reports and genba to identify potential countermeasure and/or root cause analysis opportunities for continuous improvement of equipment efficiency and reliability.
* Continually develop professional communication networks, both internal and external, to ensure project success and department awareness.
* Utilize problem management skills and technical expertise to effectively communicate with department and plant management.
* Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by researching and understanding dept. applications while driving continuous process improvements.
* Lead and/or actively participate in department initiatives such as business plan, FSI (loss elimination), and Monozukuri, etc, to gain or share knowledge, promote continuous improvement and foster engagement
* Lead the development of targets, specifications, schedules and budgets to create viable project plans
* Manage project implementation, schedule, budget, resource allocations, weekend and shutdown work coordination and project status communications to ensure successful project completion
Who we are seeking:
2 - 8 Years of relevant experience, based on education
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Robotics); or equivalent relevant experience
Other job-specific skills:
Additional Position Factors:
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.