Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Click the link below to find out more details about the specific departments within each distribution center!
Distribution Center Information Sheet
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience required, including at least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience with Warehouse Management System and RF managed inventory preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional collaboration across all shifts, DCs and divisions
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and directional shifts; with the ability to make decisions and act without having all of the information available
- Effective communication skills: active listening, written and verbal
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Organizational and prioritization skills that allow the coordination and execution of multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Problem solver; able to gather data, compile information and prepare reports to Senior Leadership
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), AS/400, Lotus Notes, Sterling Commerce
- Manage all operations for assigned shift related to eCommerce order fulfillment, supplies inventory management, supplies order fulfillment, and DC Services requests
- Manage a diverse workforce to include Supervisor(s) and hourly team members
- Consistently enforce safety guidelines, maintaining a clean work area, and sustaining a safe work environment for Academy team members
- Maintain quality/accuracy standards to ensure efficient internal operations and order integrity to our internal and external customers
- Sustain key operational metrics such as quality, accuracy, productivity, and level of service
- Conduct regular observations such as safety or process adherence
- Build upon departmental business capability through cross-functional training and rotations
- Communicate with internal and external customers such as DC Operations, Merchant and Store Operations
- Required to learn company policies, procedures and safety rules
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Embraces flexible working schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Ability to work in mezzanines or operate material handling equipment up to 35 feet in height
- Constantly stand, walk, sit, climb, and perform repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers)
- Frequently required to kneel, crouch, crawl, use fingers, grasp, push and pull
- Constantly push and pull 5 to 40 pounds, and lift 2 to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures required
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.