Chief Talent Officer
Phoenix, Denver, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas
Lewis Roca is a top-ranked Am Law 200 commercial law firm and one of the largest in the Western United States. We are seeking a Chief Talent Officer to join our leadership team!
The Chief Talent Officer will have responsibility for creating and implementing a comprehensive strategy to attract, develop and retain top-tier lawyer talent comprising a diverse workforce. This position has a leadership role over the Lawyer Recruiting and Professional Development teams.
About Lewis Roca:
Our award-winning team of lawyers offers extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
A set of core principles guide our work with our clients and with each other. Together, we call this Experience Amplified. It is a client-centered operational approach that helps define a culture of service excellence. It contributes to our highly collaborative group of business professionals, led by a dedicated and passionate C-Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the firm's legal talent structure and lead all attorney recruiting, training, and retention efforts.
- Drive efforts to achieve the talent goals for employed lawyers set forth in the firm's strategic plan through best-in-class talent recruitment, development, and management programs.
- Collaborate with the firm's DEI Committee, implementing new systems and processes to eliminate bias and increase diversity outcomes pursuant to the firm's strategic plan and commitments to clients and third-party organizations.
- Work with Managing Partner, COO, and practice group leadership on workforce planning.
- Evaluate and recommend, on at least an annual basis, first-year starting salaries in all firm markets based on competitive market intelligence.
- Lead all aspects of the associate and income partner evaluation, compensation, and advancement process working with the Professional Development Director, the Associate Compensation and Review Committee, the Income Partner Development Committee, and practice group leadership.
- Work with the Chief HR Officer to create attorney policies consistent with the competitive market.
- Develop a robust lateral attorney integration program working closely with the Professional Development Director and the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer to identify industry team synergies and business development opportunities with attorneys across all offices.
- Create a talent pipeline for future firm leadership roles through leadership training and development programs.
- Develop systems to better track, access, and analyze data related to attorney retention, compensation, bonuses, training, business development opportunities, leadership development, and advancement.
- Provide an annual report on employed attorney turnover rates, including identification of the market forces competing for legal talent, and recommend strategies for improving retention.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; JD degree preferred.
- Seven plus years of experience leading all aspects of the attorney talent management function in a law firm or corporate law department, or at least five years of experience as a practicing attorney and active engagement in recruiting, mentoring, training, and developing attorneys. Similar experience in a professional services organization will be considered.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to analyze attorney productivity and profitability data and to provide firm leadership with relevant recommendations.
- Ability to travel to other office locations on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Collaboratively work with multiple stakeholders to achieve buy-in and results.
- Commitment to handling confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Demonstrated diplomacy as well as an outstanding external and internal client focus.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of legal employment issues.
- Cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, among others.
- Ability to understand unconscious bias and its effect on recruiting and hiring.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels within the firm.
- Proven success in time management and juggling multiple priorities.
- Intermediate technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams, as well as strong database management skills.
Compensation: $175,000 - $300,000 annually. Please note your actual pay rate will be determined based on your work experience and geographic location.
Lewis Roca offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 3 weeks of annual vacation
- 10-paid holidays per year
- Benefits start on day 1
- Several medical plan options to choose from, including traditional plans and HSA qualified plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Well-being program
- Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability
- And much more!
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Lewis Roca LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply for this Position." No phone calls, please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position. #LI-LH1
We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Lewis Roca LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for the "Know Your Rights" poster. To request a disability accommodation in the application process,
. Lewis Roca participates in E-Verify, please click for more information. For information regarding your Right to Work, please click