GEICO's Cyber Threat Intelligence/Threat Hunting Team is looking for a highly motivated, confident, decisive, experienced Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst. As a member of CTI/Threat Hunting, you will be focused on delivering timely, accurate, and focused intelligence on relevant threats to GEICO, insurance industry and Berkshire subsidiaries. Provide support to security operations by researching and analyzing threat actor TTPs that are used cyber-attacks. Monitor and report on current and emerging threats including exploitable vulnerabilities, and details of those vulnerabilities. You will also use gathered intelligence to take part in threat hunting program which will assist with enabling threat informed defense for GEICO.
- Research and monitor for current cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and other cyber related activities that could pose a threat to GEICO and Berkshire subsidiaries.
- Create daily, monthly, and yearly intelligence products for GEICO Cyber Defense.
- Respond to ad-hoc request, research, threat hunts, and assist with other business units as needed.
- Support SIRT with cyber security investigation and incident handling by providing actionable intelligence and additional context as needed.
- Perform threat hunts based on current cyber threat intelligence that could pose a threat to GEICO and the insurance industry.
- Assist with creating detection content based on threat hunting findings.
- Document all threat hunt, track, and create trends based on the findings.
- Assist with further development of structured and unstructured threat hunts schedules.
- Excellent understanding of networking, operating systems, and cyber security controls.
- Knowledge of common tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) used by attackers and methods.
- Solid understanding of intelligence handling, dissemination, supporting and lifecycle within a security organization.
- Knowledge and experience working frame works such as NIST and MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to produce analytical intelligence products and provide briefs.
- Understanding of enterprise detection technologies and processes (EDR, IDS/IPS, Network security appliance and etc).
- Comprehensive familiarity of Domain Tools, VirusTotal, Maltego, and Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP).
- Ability to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization / priority setting skills.
- Ability to produce technical documentation, such as Visio flows and processes.
- Ability to understand complex problems while presenting them simplistically in a formal setting.
- Ability to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information, and to follow published standards and processes.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave, 401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
- 3+ years of hands-on Cyber Security, Intelligence, Threat Hunting and/or Incident Response experience.