Tasks in the role
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product - a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our AnalyticsBusiness Partner to CMO rolefor idea generators, planning geniuses, and natural-born analysts.
Do you dream of coefficients and financial modeling? Do you nerd out about marketing attribution and look at complex computational challenges with excitement? Maybe you have this kind of excitement but never tell anyone about it?
Semrush is looking for a strategic data scientist to join the marketing division. This person will be the right hand to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), advising and supporting them with short, medium, and long-range planning, financial modeling, and day-to-day operational rigor which includes intensive computational responsibilities.
Your work will have a direct impact on the success of Semrush's go-to-market; your calculations will have causal connections with our revenue, our campaigns, our messaging. This position reports directly to the CMO. You will:
- Act as a strategic advisor to CMO, deliver actionable and valuable conclusions, be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, make recommendations about the performance of marketing vis-a-vis cohorts, products, further revenue opportunities.
- Design business and financial models, andbuild multi-channel attribution models and ROI frameworks to measure the success of marketing initiatives and their contribution to business revenue.
- Develop a statistically significant framework and methodology to discover if net-new initiatives drive incremental traffic, registrations, trials, and revenue vs. building on existing market demand.
- Architect experiments with 95%+ confidence level in partnership with analytics to test our multi-channel marketing model, which channels have the most impact, how and when.
- Develop data science solutions by identifying and gathering data, conducting data transformation and manipulation, modeling and analysis, and insight generation.
- Research anomalies in a certain business process, find patterns and causes and deliver concise, actionable updates and business recommendations.
- Optimize the anomaly research process to deliver insights in a timely and actionable manner.
- Improve user segmentation and cohort analysis to increase the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns.
- Effectively communicate insights, recommendations, and impacts of recommendations to drive alignment and appropriate implementation.
- Plan and optimize marketing budget allocation and impact overall growth plans.
- Manage the ongoing evaluation and constructive challenge of our long-range strategic objectives from a performance perspective, leading with data.
- Promote thought leadership in the data science domain and lead an innovative approach.
Who we are looking for
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- 7+ years of experience in business intelligence and analytics.
- Proven track record leading data-driven marketing projects and analyses.
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics,Computer Science, etc.).
- Experience analyzing B2B and B2C marketing strategies, channels, and lifecycles identifying areas of opportunity, growth and optimization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in predictive modeling, data analysis, and managing multiple analytics projects with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Advanced SQL + Python/R with experience in querying large, complex data sets/ BI tools (e.g. Google Big Query, Looker, Power BI, QlikView, Tableau etc, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager).
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- You are proficient with data visualization software (preferably Tableau).
Finally, a little more about our company
- Work format REMOTE: This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh - call it what you like.
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Corporate Events.
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media, and competitive research campaigns and gets measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist