Posted: Apr 28, 2023
Weekly Hours: 40
Are you passionate about creating high quality engineering prototypes using a mix of additive manufacturing, traditional manufacturing and softgoods prototyping techniques? If so, the Product Design Validation team is searching for a prototyper who will be responsible for assisting in the creation of prototype hardware in an exciting and fast-paced fabrication workspace. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an organized and highly functional shop/lab, a knowledge of shop tools and fabrication techniques, and is experienced in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Knowledge and experience using tools and equipment found in a prototyping lab (3D printers and post-processing, laser cutter, mill, lathe, hand tools, etc.)
- Self motivated and driven to complete projects quickly and efficiently
- Values quality of work and attention to detail with strong problem solving and risk mitigation skills
- Strong organizational skills, familiarity with shop safety and housekeeping standards
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Ability to work independently as well as with multiple teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS (NOT REQUIRED TO APPLY):
- CNC setup and finishing processes, CAD/CAM experience
- Experience with characterization tools (Instron, data acquisition systems, DIC)
- Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, OMM, laser scanners, etc.)
- Experience with inventory management
- Collaborate with the engineering team throughout the development process, including recommending improvements on designs and developing fabrication methods to meet or exceed prototype requirements - Document and implement prototyping methods, including process parameters and quality checks with attention to detail. - Accurately document and communicate fabrication and assembly issues or suggested areas for improvement and innovation - Maintain shop equipment to minimize downtime - Maintain machine shop, keeping it tidy, organized, and stocked for efficient operation - Train users on safe operation of machine shop equipment
Education & Experience
H.S. Diploma and relevant hands-on work experience required. College degree or technical training are valued.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $38.94 and $69.23/hr, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.