||# of Openings Remaining
Legal & General is a leader in Pension Risk Transfer with over 30 years of experience globally, servicing over a million annuitants. Building on our global success, we established our Pension Risk Transfer platform in the US in 2015. The business has grown steadily and in 2020 we eclipsed $1.6 billion in premium written.
At Legal & General Retirement America, we aim to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers, partners, colleagues, and the communities in which they live. We are passionate about what we do and how we do it. This means working with pace and energy to reach our goals and challenging ourselves to achieve more. We strive to create a unique environment where balance between work and life is possible.
Purpose and Objective
LGRA is looking for an IT Delivery Lead to help us grow/scale and ensure projects are efficiently implemented with quantifiable benefits successfully achieved. The individual will provide management of the BAU portfolio pipeline, collaborating with the business, developing proposals into business cases, delivery of projects/programs of work, managing the business impacts and partnering across teams to lead all aspects of the technology implementation.
The role will define and drive the end-to-end operating model across the areas and implement it aligning to organizational standards agreed with the wider global organization and 3rd parties.
The ideal candidate will possess the right balance of business understanding, senior stakeholder management, and IT project delivery skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively within a matrix management environment, where several delivery teams are implementing components of the overall solutions. The individual will ensure the solution is well-governed, driven forwards, and pragmatically implemented.
Role and Responsibilities
Participate as a member of the IT management team that develops strategies for the larger organization.
- Contribute to the development of financial and resource planning needed to achieve business objectives
- Work with users, partners, and cross multi-functional teams to provide project support, resolve questions, assess needs, and recommend changes
- Triage incoming demand and help projects align with resourcing
- Coordinate technical integration across tracks of work
- Assist with crafting and providing high-level estimates for project planning
- Translate technical concepts into business terms and vice versa
- Raise risks and issues and serve as a project/program main point of escalation
- Ensure all work (oftentimes sophisticated/interdisciplinary/interlinked) is clearly specified, prioritized, and agreed to across all team(s) including larger global organization
- Remove barriers to enable the project team to complete objectives; drive and influence decisions
- Drive initiatives to ensure they align with the technology roadmap and can be adhered to within the project schedule and budget
- Assist in the overall delivery across systems; identify gaps, problems, and dependencies between individual teams/groups and systems
- Collaborate with Product Owners, business leadership, architects, and vendors to ensure alignment on strategy and execution
- Operate independently on multiple projects focusing on priorities, and handling a high volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Coordinate and facilitate project/program planning sessions and support delivery across teams
- Facilitate program retrospectives and use of program metrics to champion the IT through their challenges
- Craft insightful reporting for business process improvement and benefit realization
- Facilitate workshops, working with process owners/SMEs and technology teams to analyze and assess the scope, support documentation of business requirements, processes and work instructions
- Participate in POC/POT with technology product selection, helping to recommend appropriate systems solutions.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of sophisticated applications with subsystems that may affect the entire system or multiple systems applications.
- Prepare communications, dashboards, reports, and documentation for IT projects
- Demonstrated ability in IT Delivery, or similar role with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management, leadership, or similar role
- Experience in Financial Services and/or Insurance (PRT) industry preferred
- PMP certification required
- Additional agile certifications preferred (PMI-ACP, CSM, PSM, SAFe, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS or relative field with equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge or experience with IT Security, Cloud and Currency delivery/implementation
- Experience, or solid understanding, of Financial Service / Insurance (PRT) concepts and business data
- Experience working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Technical Lead / Project Management experience
- Experience with Microsoft 365 tools
- Capable of leading technical teams to implement broad scope projects
- Skilled in problem solving and technical analysis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Ability to influence peers, leaders and business customers
- Collaborative teammate passionate about achieving personal accomplishments through making those around you successful
- Demonstrable ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
**This role is to be filled outside of the state of Colorado**
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.