3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable tech company that directly impacts the lives of millions of people each day. Our mission is simple: make video accessible to everyone. We do this by delivering the leading closed captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solution to over 10,000 global media, enterprise and higher education customers. Founded at MIT Sloan in 2008, 3Play Media is headquartered in Boston's vibrant North End.
As a 3Play Media Strategic Account Manager (SAM), you will be responsible for finding and winning new business at some of our largest customer logos for our video accessibility and engagement solutions.
We are searching for highly motivated candidates with demonstrated success in sales to strategically identify, prospect, qualify, and close business within the existing customer base, which includes many of the world's top companies. In this role, you will manage the relationships with our customers and work closely with Customer Success Managers to ensure accounts are growing and supported.
This is a quota-carrying position, so comfort operating in this type of role is required.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and desire to work in a competitive environment
- Experienced and successful with all types of sales motions, from referral selling to cold outbound
- Track record of high achievement; consistently developing and closing new business and/or expansion deals
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex enterprise sales opportunities and managing large enterprise accounts
- Experience with mapping the political landscape within a company and calculating the probabilities of success
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Adept at solving challenging problems and building strong relationships
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customer representatives from end users to senior management
- Solid work ethic, planning, time management and organizational skills
- Leader and mentor; skilled in mobilizing resources to address customer needs
DAY TO DAY:
- Grow the 3Play Media customer base by leveraging enterprise level upsell and expansion deals
- Learn, refine, and advance the 3Play Media sales process including; deep qualification, through product demonstrations, and contract negotiations
- Account mapping
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and act as a trusted advisor
- Leverage Hubspot, LinkedIn, and other technologies to prospect, source, and organize your pipeline
- Keep accurate records pertaining to customer relationship and account notes
- Coordinate sales efforts with internal departments (Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Finance) to provide compelling value propositions to the customer
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive contact map within each designated customer
- Develop and deliver clear and effective written proposals for prospective and existing customers
- Maintain updated knowledge of company products, services, product applications, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends
- Identify and remove potential obstacles that may impede a customer's continued investment in 3Play's products or services, while also ensuring alignment to 3Play policies
- Exceed monthly and quarterly new bookings quotas
- Provide executive team with pipeline transparency through regular oral and written reporting
- Participate in industry events, conferences and trade shows
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of previous successful enterprise level sales experience
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- We have an awesome work environment! Our team works hard but loves to have fun. We have company sponsored events like 3Plympics, holiday tastings, summer outings and much more.
- The work is exciting and gratifying, and you would make a direct impact on our success.
- Wherever you're based in the US, we want to hear from you. We are a remote first opportunity and our offices in Boston's North End will always be available.
- From professional growth and development opportunities to competitive compensation and personalized benefit plans, we've got you taken care of.
- We display respect and embrace inclusion. It's at the heart of what we do. 3Play Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected federal, state or local laws.
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible for more information regarding compensation and benefits. Please reach out to directly.