In service engineer will be responsible for aircraft in service engineering solutions. This will encompass repairs, modifications and alterations, system improvements for performance and reliability. This position will support the primary and secondary aluminum and composites aircraft structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates Engineering Models and Drawings utilizing CATIA Version 5.
- Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team to resolve cross functional issues.
- Implements Industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability).
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion.
- Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions.
- Ability to deliver under pressure of AOG conditions; troubleshooting assistance, action plans and technical solutions
- Provide technical expertise and solutions for in-service issues related to overall product safety, reliability and maintainability
- Conduct and coordinate redesign investigations, root cause analyses and corrective actions of fleet issues, which may lead to procedural and/or product changes
- Manage technical requests to meet committed turnaround times / customer requirements
- Prepare reports and communication packages to support customer meetings, conferences, working groups and other initiatives
- Build on cooperative working relationships with internal departments, external partners, suppliers and vendors
- Calculates internal stress loads, preparation of shear and moment diagrams.
- Provides presentations on various structures of the aircraft.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with 5 years of directly related experience
- or 8 years of work experience in lieu of formal education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Customer focus and strong communications skills are essential
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability work independently as well as in a mutli-functional team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficient in use of CATIA Version 5.
- Use of Team Center.
- Advanced knowledge of drafting rules.
- Visual Basic, Matlab, Simulink, FiberSim, Determinent Assembly techniques, composite curing, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of structural design mechanics including predicting strength and other possible structural instabilities.
- Strong mechanical design skills for all structural components of aircraft.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.