At Compassus, we know that caring for our teammates is the first step in caring for our patients. We are committed to providing Care for Who You Are and What You Need to balance work and life including flexible scheduling, a supportive family-focused culture and first-class compensation and benefits.
Your position perks as a Hospice Aide
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive onboarding
- Health, dental, vision for part & full-time positions
- Wellness reimbursements for physicals and gym memberships
- Pre-tax FSA and HSA plans (HSA w/company contributions)
- Generous Paid Time Off plan that increases with tenure
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid parental leave with tenure for birth, adoption, and foster parents
- Voluntary long-term care, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Local and national award programs
- Referral bonus program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Corporate discount program w/access to >300,000 businesses
- Company assistance program supporting teammates in times of need
How you will make an impact as a Hospice Aide
- Provide comfort care to patients enabling them to remain at home with their loved ones
- Work as a member of the hospice team to meet each patient's unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
- Help patients approach their final days with joy, peace, and dignity
- Enhance the quality of someone's life every day
Hospice Aide Requirements
- Certified Nursing Assistant highly preferred.
- In states where licensure is not required (AL, AZ, CT, GA, IA, IL, KS, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MT, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WV), applicants must meet one of the following:
- They are already a licensed/certified aide; or
- They have completed a state-approved nurse aide training program AND have been continuously employed in that capacity for the previous 24 months
- Current CPR certification required.
State Specific Requirements
- State certification as a home health aide.
- Completed state training program AND certified via DORA.
- Aides required to be registered on the Indiana Nurse Aide Registry, licensure is not required.
- Licensed/certified as a Nurses' Aide; or
- Have completed a nurses' aide training program AND employed as a nurses' aide for the past 24 months if not licensed/certified; or
- Enrolled in a professional or practical nursing program for at least four (4) months, that included a clinical rotation within the past five (5) years and has successfully passed a Fundamentals of Nursing course (must provide transcript and letter from the program director on school letterhead verifying BOTH clinical rotation and successfully completion of Fundamentals of Nursing course).
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) required for hospice employment.
- Certification as a Homemaker - Home Health Aide; or is a long-term care CNA.
- Aide certified required to practice in the state.
- Aides required to be certified and listed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry.
Care for Who I Am is Caring for Who We Are. Together We Are:
Welcoming everyone. Empowering belonging. Allying for inclusivity. Removingbarriers. Engaging community.
WE ARE fostering an inclusive environment where every teammate matters and can be their best selves.
WE ARE becoming a reflection of our patients, families, and partners.
WE ARE transforming care at home for every community serve.
Pay Range: $15.00 - $26.02/ hour