Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
The material handler is responsible for handling and transporting a variety of materials, parts, products, or other items in support of the production and warehousing functions throughout the plant as well as transporting material from one facility to another.
- $1500 Sign-On Bonus (After 180 days)
- Insurance - Medical, Vision, Dental and life. Eligible from the date of hire.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Weekly Pay
- 401k 5% match
- Opportunity for Advancement - Parker prides itself on promotion from within
- Eligible for Quarterly Bonuses from date of hire
- Retirement Income Account
- Referral Bonus Program
* Observe safety rules, including use of personal protective equipment, at all times and immediately report unsafe conditions to department supervision.
* Load and unload trucks, including semi-trucks. Transport and put away material using cart or pull bags on racks up to 6' in height. Pull material and load in trailers. Load and unload bulk materials from warehouse.
* Operate 28' box truck, forklift, wheel dolly and hand pallet truck as needed to transport material. Must have a good driving record, Current drivers' licenses w/o restrictions.
* Move semi-trucks in the lots as needed
* Deliver material, wires and components, requiring lift of up to 50#, to production areas as needed
* Remove scrap materials from the department as required.
* Run reloft oven using cart or pull bags 2 at time by opening bags of compressed material, dropping into bin and running them through the oven, deliver to production line, cut to size, label and transport to shipping area
* Weigh and remove bags of trash by lifting (up to 5 inches) bags weighing up to 50 pounds
* Perform cycle counting of raw materials and finished goods as required.
* Manually record rolls of material loaded onto and removed from trailers in the process of loading and unloading
* Complete paperwork as required, including material transfers, receiving, scrap, and time reports, daily fork truck inspection forms and others
* Cut and or package media according to measurements and specifications
* Check Media to ensure quality specifications are met and notify appropriate personnel of any quality concerns
* Use communication and mathematical skills in the performance of duties.
* Keep work area neat, clean and organized
* Comply with all company procedures and policies
* Perform all tasks efficiently with accuracy
* Maintain equipment by performing minor maintenance & cleaning.
* Other assignments as assigned by the Supervisor.
The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license without violations
* Able to learn to drive 28' Box truck and pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and obtain DOT certification within 30 days
* Read and write English, comprehend and follow instructions (written and verbal)
* Able to use and read a tape measure and cut down media to correct sizes
* Able and willing to stand for up to 10 hours a day, bend, sit, push, pull and lift up to 50#
* Able and willing to work inside and outside in inclement weather (heat, cold, rain and ice/snow)
* Able and willing to work assigned shift and overtime as business needs dictate
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
("Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker's policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.