Infotainment Validation Engineer
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, you will play a vital role in bringing engaging, high quality infotainment solutions to market by coordinating efforts between our validation team and development engineering teams and adapting test plans to ensure complete coverage of all infotainment development content.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day for an Infotainment Validation Engineer will include:
- Act as the communication hub between the development engineering teams and the validation team to ensure the quality and on time delivery of each validation event
- Ensure all infotainment validation test setups are updated to the latest hardware and software level according to each unit's maturation plan and project deliverables
- Review and communicate development change points to the validation team for test case creation and updates. Review and refine proposed test case changes and application timing with technical lead for approval.
- Coordinate the validation scope and schedule between the validation team and various software owners to ensure achievement of project maturation requirements
- Review the validation test plan to ensure adequacy prior to presentation for technical approval
- Prepare and present validation documents for development gate approval and to keep Infotainment management updated on project status
- Have regular follow up with all Validation vendors to ensure all planned Validation activities are on track for delivery
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as an Infotainment Validation Engineer, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, Computer, Mechanical) related field
- 3-4 years experience working in electrical component validation capacity. Experience must include coordination responsibility(test case generation/spec review/etc).
- Atlassian Tools experience desired (not must).
- Ability to review and understand function specifications.
- DOORS/ Similar requirement Management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to produce presentation documents.
- Basic knowledge of Automotive communication protocols like CAN, MOST, LIN, etc
Knowledge and Skills
- Validation schedule/scope is correlated in advance of activity and plan is correlated with Validation team
- Validation complete according to maturation requirements and development schedule
- Validation test benches/vehicles are up to date with latest hardware/software prior to validation activity in accordance with each components' maturation schedule
- Has the infotainment system achieved required level of maturation for a given project milestone?
- Have the appropriate test cases been added based on the project spec change points to ensure complete test coverage and high quality final product?
- Developing Self and Others
- Communicating with Impact and Influence
- Creating Teamwork and Valuing Relationships
- Results Orientation
- Critical & Innovative Thinking
- Leading with Purpose
- Working Environment - Partial remote work, Partial onsite work, minimal travel (<5%).
- Physical requirements - Majority of responsibilities require working at a computer or attending meetings in an office/test lab/remote environment. Some responsibilities require driving vehicle and outfitting vehicles with test equipment and/or replacing infotainment components.
- OT as needed to meet project deliverables - typical 0-15%.
- Competitive Base Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Bonus Program
- 401K Program
- Honda Product Programs
- Company Car Program
- Relocation (must meet eligibility requirements)
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.