Back to search results
FT Food Court Associate - 6504
| The GIANT Company|
United States, East Stroudsburg
|May 26, 2023|
Address: USA-PA-East Stroudsburg-300 Lincoln Ave
Store Code: GC - Store Mgrs (5020093)
At The GIANT Company we're committed to making our store?s and facilities better every day for our team members, customers, and communities. It's our secret recipe for success and it guides everything we do. We put our customers first, do what's right, win together, and make ideas happen. As a team member here, that's exactly what you'll help us do. You'll share your ideas, learn new skills?, and really make a difference for not only your team, but for your customers and your community.
At The GIANT Company, we are passionate about building strong families and healthy communities, serving millions of neighbors across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and New Jersey. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work and shop. Our shared values of care, courage, integrity, teamwork, and humor guide our work as we embrace the unique talents and differences of every team member. We also take pride in connecting families for a better future. If you're ready for a purposeful career, join our GIANT family. You'll help us make a difference while making some great connections and friendships along the way.
The primary purpose of this job is to use carts, containers, kitchen utensils, ovens, fryers, roasters, slicers, scales, and cash registers to weigh and slice, cook pizza or chicken, make sandwiches or grinders, and serve out deli food.
The team member must be able to perform all tasks and run all equipment associated with this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Promptly, at the start of the shift, the team member will review the work schedule, check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
* Make sandwiches, subs, roast or fry chicken and appetizers, heat soup, make pizza, transfer deli food to case containers, label, and merchandise as per plan-o-gram (POG).
* Wait on customers, slice meat or cheese, weigh, wrap and label orders, and put deli food into containers.
* Works in the grab and go lunch meat and cheeses section.
* Produce product for the sales floor warmers and hot bar as per POG and standard operating procedure (SOP).
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, all tools and equipment, all display cases, and all floors and counters.
* Track and record loss using known loss tracking (KLT).
* Make sandwiches, rollups, grinders, and wraps. Label and put them into the display case.
* Mix, roll, add ingredients for pizza, start up the pizza oven, and put the pizza into the oven to cook. Remove, cut the pizza, and serve the pizza to customers.
* Help customers, cut and slice meat or cheese, portion out deli food into containers, weigh, and label items for the grab and go section.
* Carry cases of chicken to worktable, put chicken on roasting racks, put racks into roasting oven, roast chicken, and wrap and label the chicken.
* Clean roaster, dump the oil, and take the oil to the rendering bin.
* Carry cases of chicken parts to worktable, dip chicken in batter, fill the fryer basket with chicken and fry the chicken, and wrap and label the fried chicken. Add oil and clean the fryer when necessary.
* Break down and clean specified equipment every 4 hours.
* Order product for the smoked program from the meat department (if applicable).
* Produce smoked products to support hot and cold POG's as per the SOP.
* Use wipes, brooms, hoses, squeegees, mop and pail, cleaners, and sanitizers to clean, wash, rinse, and sanitize implements, equipment, cases, floors, and counters.
* Perform record keeping functions as assigned by department manager.
* Track and record loss.
* Report all accidents and file an incident report to the supervisor within 24 hours.
* Get a First Aid kit immediately for all injuries.
* Follow instructions. Whenever in doubt, ask questions.
* Report unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
* Apparel and footwear must follow company policy.
* Horseplay is forbidden.
* No running on the premises.
* Know emergency evacuation routes, exits, and alarms.
* Must wear PPE where required, including cut-resistant gloves when handling knives and blades.
* Demonstrate proper food safety and sanitation work habits.
* Use proper lifting procedures.
* Keep floors and work areas clear and clean.
* Never leave running machinery unattended.
* This is a smoke free shop. Smoke in designated areas.
* Responsible for understanding company policy and procedures as promulgated in the policy and procedure manual and the team member handbook.
* Know MSDS information about all materials used during work.
* Must complete and follow Lockout/Tagout training.
* Must complete and follow Confined Space training.
* Must complete Right-to-Know training.
* Must complete any new ELM courses added to learning page.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be able to communicate and understand Company policies and safety regulations to complete job duties satisfactorily.
* Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must meet the company performance standards for the job including but not limited to regular attendance.
* Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
* Shift hours: minimum 4-hour shifts or more depending upon business needs
* Job cycles: continual max
* Lift/carry: 50 lbs.
* Stand 55%, Sit 0%, Walk 45%
* Category IV: lifting, carrying, P/P up to 50 lbs.
* Max pull static: 20 lbs.
* Temperatures ranging from freezer environment to back room that is not air-conditioned - exposure to weather conditions
* Team members are responsible for understanding company policy and procedures as promulgated in the policy and procedure manual and the team member handbook.
The GIANT Company is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 311431_external_USA-PA-East-Stroudsburg_5242023